Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Close-up & Macro

Close-up & Macro Macro and Micro Plants, insects, ice and other micro or macro artistic work

Old June 12th, 2007, 06:17 PM

Default Rose

This is one of my very rare macros:

shot in 4x5" on Kodak EPP eith Sinar P2 and 150mm Symmar.
Light came from a 5000Ws Blaesing Lightbox 90x90cm.
Drumscan @2000dpi

Old June 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is so splendid Kalus!

Did you purchase the rose just for this and how did you set up the light? Did you use any reflectors?

Also is this cropped, if so, why?

Is the size of the light box of 90cm (36") so large there was wrap arounf and no need for any other modification of the light?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
This is so splendid Kalus!

Did you purchase the rose just for this and how did you set up the light? Did you use any reflectors?

Also is this cropped, if so, why?

Is the size of the light box of 90cm (36") so large there was wrap arounf and no need for any other modification of the light?

Asher
Hi Asher!

I selected this rose from about hundred of others (had a red one and a beige one to find too) at the floristīs.

The rose is un-cropped in the tranny - i cropped it because i found it more interresting to concentrate to itīs center. Seems to go "endless" deeper into it.

I choose the lightbox this size because i love a window-like light. It was placed VERY close to the flower - i think it was max. 10-20cm. By varying the positionīs height i "adjustet" it to the light i wanted - a "flooding" but intensive light without burned out highlights and too deep shodows. So the delicate character of a rose was kept.

best, Klaus
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is a great technic. It would be interesting to shoot the best digital v. L. format and see how you like the digital print and what practical difference it might make for a 16x20 print, if you print a portion at say 8x10.

Obviously the film can hold more, but what about the esthetics of the final print? Where is the suffering of the Digital?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.