• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sculpture by Frank Gehry - Port Olimpic, Barcelona '14

Paul Abbott

Frank Gehry’s ‘Golden Fish’ sculpture, created for Spain, host of the ’92 Olympics, and situated in Port Olimpic, Barcelona.

As a piece of sculpture it could not have been located in a worse place I feel, the whole damn thing is eclipsed by useless non-descript buildings. Although i’m not complaining, i’ve found a 'sweet' spot in photographing this ‘fish out of water’, methinks…:)

frankgearyfishsculpturebarcelona640_zpscd43aaa1.jpg

'Golden Fish' - Port Olimpic, Barcelona '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/GW3 21mm

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Frank Gehry’s ‘Golden Fish’ sculpture, created for Spain, host of the ’92 Olympics, and situated in Port Olimpic, Barcelona.

As a piece of sculpture it could not have been located in a worse place I feel, the whole damn thing is eclipsed by useless non-descript buildings. Although i’m not complaining, i’ve found a 'sweet' spot in photographing this ‘fish out of water’, methinks…:)

frankgearyfishsculpturebarcelona640_zpscd43aaa1.jpg

'Golden Fish' - Port Olimpic, Barcelona '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/GW3 21mm

Paul,

Splendid! You have caught both curves and angled elements, while the shadows on the stairs ad presence.

Once again, a great job in the hunt for a view. I found this and realize how hard it must be to isolate the form and surfaces. I never got to see this but I'd have been dumbfounded by their foolishness! Here in Los Angeles, it's the law to provide 1% of large building projects for sculpture. One building near us has a wonderful flowing sets of bows in ribbons of 12 mm steel painted red, but they placed signs for that building in front of it! So there's hardly a view now without this signs!

Asher