• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just Skimming Along

Chris Calohan

13278859554_a2c4d41662_b.jpg

Just Skimming Along, Singing a Song: Chris Calohan​

Don Ferguson Jr.

I like it too but would have to remove the branches that are distracting to the eye and wish more space was on the left so the bird would not be as confined.
Don

The bird is beautiful and it's a good shot. I agree with Don Ferguson Jr. that it has some distracting elements. for me the branches at the right don't really bother me as they don't interfere but the ones at the top keep pulling my eye. I think instead of cloning them out, if you actually crop that top portion out, your image will immediately be more horizontal and although you have not added any width to the image, it will feel wider and a bit less confined. Still, really good catch. :)
Maggie

Charlie Rumney

The first thing I noticed was the detail in the white feathers. perfect exposure to capture all that detail without blown highlights. While the branch's may be a distraction to some, they also act like a frame leading the eye to the subject. Perhaps a little "tree trimming" could be done but removing them entirely weakens the image IMHO.