• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portrait of a Boy Model

Charlotte Thompson

These were taken outside around 6 pm West light- I am loving props with a childs identity- this child is a poet and artist and athelete- also a model- any comments or crit is welcomed- these have been added little light and a bit of shadow-also for some reason my photo host won't let me downsize smaller sorry guys!
I haven't done them in bandw yet-
thanks-

DSC_0179-1.jpg

DSC_0219-1.jpg

DSC_0192-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DSC_0219-1.jpg

Hi Charlotte,

This is a nice shot snap done in a fashion magazine style. It's clean, has spark and is fresh as "Good morning!" on a country vacation by a mountain stream filled with salmon ready to fish. Not sure what context it might be used? However it appears somewhat "artistic" and might not reveal the lad himself. Still, if he decided to dress and pose exactly like that with his shirt pointed to his left, then maybe it does.

Asher

BTW, you can load to your server any size pics you want.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Hey
thanks for the great feedback
I am now" working on more portrait composition and not just candid portraits
this child seemed so appropriate for the blue shirt and outdoors look
a still another excercise in portrait photog for me-
yes right "has an all american look to him" what I thought and tried to get" LOL my blue shirt which is a guys shirt"
ahhh the creative mind huh- I want to do so much more with so many other ideas
I took a billion shots last night of him and paid the model 2 dollars for say 15 min- work-
hey a model like that deserves compensation-LOL
you Will be seeing more work probably much more ecelectic" I want to see these in band w and may post them in the thread btw the mom loves the first shot the best sooooooooooo I will give her the shot and frame and mat as well-
thanks again!

Charlotte-

Clayton Lofgren

Except for the first one, the skin tones seem a bit dull to me. I think they could of been better with a touch of fill from either flash or reflector. That would also give you some catchlights.
A lot of your work is too eclectic for my tastes- glad to see some more mainstream stuff.

Charlotte Thompson

Clayton

thank you for coming into my thread
I am not a "mainstream" person
actually an opposite-
I am just learning-only been into serious art photgraphy for 2 years-I explore- how wonderful--mainstream- for me "what a hateful word"

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DSC_0219-1.jpg

Except for the first one, the skin tones seem a bit dull to me. I think they could of been better with a touch of fill from either flash or reflector. That would also give you some catchlights.
A lot of your work is too eclectic for my tastes- glad to see some more mainstream stuff.

Clayton,

Do you mean that the lighting is flat?

Asher