• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A gift to a local historical museum

Doug Kerr

I'm pleased to announce that Carla and I have made a gift to the James and Dorothy Doss Heritage and Cultural Center of Weatherford, Texas of six vintage large-format cameras, all from the "Graflex" line.

The mission of the Doss Center is to collect, preserve, and exhibit the heritage of Parker County and Texas through cultural and educational events that raise community awareness and pride in the area's western heritage. It incorporates three distinct galleries that display impressive presentations, including exhibitions from local to world-renowned artists and craftsmen. The Center also has a number of public spaces that are used for various civic and cultural events.

The six cameras donated are, in order of their age:

• Revolving Back Cycle Graphic Camera (5”×7” format) ca. 1915 (Folmer & Schwing Division of Eastman Kodak Company)

• RB Tele Graflex Camera (3¼”×4¼” format) ca. 1921 (not strictly "large format", but part of a product family including qualifying format sizes) (Folmer & Schwing Division of Eastman Kodak Company)

• Eastman View Camera No. 2-D (5”×7” format) ca. 1927 (made for Eastman Kodak Company by The Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Folmer-Graflex Crown View Camera (4”×5” format) ca. 1939 (Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Eastman View Camera No. 2-D (8”×10” format) ca. 1943 (made for Eastman Kodak Company by The Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Graflex Graphic View II Camera (4”×5” format) ca. 1948 (Graflex, Inc.)

Each is provided with a Graflex Crown Tripod (sizes 1, 2, and 4 are included).

The gift was formalized yesterday, 2012.02.23, by a ceremony at the Center including Carla and myself; Heather Castagna, Executive Director of the Center; CB Williams, Exhibit Coordinator; and Delissa Slimp, Archive/Collections Coordinator. Two local newspapers covered the event.

The cameras will first be exhibited at the Doss Center in April, 2012 in parallel with an exhibition of photographs by a renowned area photographer.

The gift of this collection is one way Carla and I recognize the wonderful community of Weatherford, Texas, our home for the last 4½ years, as we are about to move further west to Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Doug, Carla,

I'm pleased to announce that Carla and I have made a gift to the James and Dorothy Doss Heritage and Cultural Center of Weatherford, Texas of six vintage large-format cameras, all from the "Graflex" line.

The mission of the Doss Center is to collect, preserve, and exhibit the heritage of Parker County and Texas through cultural and educational events that raise community awareness and pride in the area's western heritage. It incorporates three distinct galleries that display impressive presentations, including exhibitions from local to world-renowned artists and craftsmen. The Center also has a number of public spaces that are used for various civic and cultural events.

The six cameras donated are, in order of their age:

• Revolving Back Cycle Graphic Camera (5”×7” format) ca. 1915 (Folmer & Schwing Division of Eastman Kodak Company)

• RB Tele Graflex Camera (3¼”×4¼” format) ca. 1921 (not strictly "large format", but part of a product family including qualifying format sizes) (Folmer & Schwing Division of Eastman Kodak Company)

• Eastman View Camera No. 2-D (5”×7” format) ca. 1927 (made for Eastman Kodak Company by The Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Folmer-Graflex Crown View Camera (4”×5” format) ca. 1939 (Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Eastman View Camera No. 2-D (8”×10” format) ca. 1943 (made for Eastman Kodak Company by The Folmer Graflex Corporation)

• Graflex Graphic View II Camera (4”×5” format) ca. 1948 (Graflex, Inc.)

Each is provided with a Graflex Crown Tripod (sizes 1, 2, and 4 are included).

The gift was formalized yesterday, 2012.02.23, by a ceremony at the Center including Carla and myself; Heather Castagna, Executive Director of the Center; CB Williams, Exhibit Coordinator; and Delissa Slimp, Archive/Collections Coordinator. Two local newspapers covered the event.

The cameras will first be exhibited at the Doss Center in April, 2012 in parallel with an exhibition of photographs by a renowned area photographer.

The gift of this collection is one way Carla and I recognize the wonderful community of Weatherford, Texas, our home for the last 4½ years, as we are about to move further west to Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Best regards,

Doug
What a wonderful gesture/gift! Knowing that Doug had originally planned on selling those cameras (I had my eye on one), this is a much better place for them to be together. I am sure that they will be well taken care of as they deserve.

Cheers,

Jim Galli

Very nice Doug. Best of luck in NM. Those are all the "users" at my house, especially the 8X10. I've got some old Crown Tripods too, but being greedy, I plan to put them on Ebay.