• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kodak to stop making slide film

charlie chipman

The 'Kodak Professional' facebook page on March 1st announced that they are to stop making all color reversal (slide) film due to lack of demand.

When Kodak decided to stop making Kodachrome people had plenty to say about it.
I've seen hardly a word mentioned about this so I'm curious if the news just hasn't made the rounds yet? That would be odd for 2012.
Perhaps I have been misinformed or just haven't seen any discussions about this?
I find it hard to believe that there is not enough interest to have a discussion about it here.

Here is their statement:

"We appreciate the engagement and support from everyone on our page. Want to update you on communications that we gave to our dealers today about our three color reversal (slide) films. We've always said we will manufacture our films as long as there's profitable demand. Sales of and demand for our E100VS, E100G and Elite Chrome Extra Color 100 films on a global level have significantly fallen below a sustainable level and we are discontinuing these three films. At current sales rate, we expect inventory to last for 6 - 9 months. All our color negative and black and white films remain in our film portfolio. We appreciate your ongoing support."

And the link

https://www.facebook.com/kodakprofessional/posts/376413429043670

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The 'Kodak Professional' facebook page on March 1st announced that they are to stop making all color reversal (slide) film due to lack of demand.

When Kodak decided to stop making Kodachrome people had plenty to say about it.
I've seen hardly a word mentioned about this so I'm curious if the news just hasn't made the rounds yet? That would be odd for 2012.
Perhaps I have been misinformed or just haven't seen any discussions about this?
I find it hard to believe that there is not enough interest to have a discussion about it here.

Here is their statement:

"We appreciate the engagement and support from everyone on our page. Want to update you on communications that we gave to our dealers today about our three color reversal (slide) films. We've always said we will manufacture our films as long as there's profitable demand. Sales of and demand for our E100VS, E100G and Elite Chrome Extra Color 100 films on a global level have significantly fallen below a sustainable level and we are discontinuing these three films. At current sales rate, we expect inventory to last for 6 - 9 months. All our color negative and black and white films remain in our film portfolio. We appreciate your ongoing support."

And the link

https://www.facebook.com/kodakprofessional/posts/376413429043670

Thanks Charlie,

I didn't need that news! 100VS and 100G especially are the films I've been planning one path for LF to Cibachrome. So now one has to buy Ciba and store it as well the tranny. Getting really hard, but if one stores what one wants, we'll be OK for a while. That's the best one can do on this planet!

Asher