• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Even at the White House...

Ruben Alfu

I just saw a show on Discovery Channel about the work of Pete Souza as White House official photographer. Very interesting insights and behind the camera scenes. There was an article about Mr. Souza in the Digital Photo Pro magazine from last December, I'd say that's a lot of exposure for a White House photographer, good for him. There was a funny a moment in the show when the President was posing with another person for Mr. Souza who evidently is an absolute professional, experienced and competent photographer but yet he couldn't take the photo, his CF card was full, and apparently he had no more cards (!?). Even the President was LOL after the incident :)

Ruben

Last edited:
Well, it's good to know even the recognized pros occasionally wind up with full CF cards, Ruben. A couple weeks ago I spent a full day with my 5D modified to infrared camera body taking what may have been the most insightful creative infrared photos ever taken by anyone, anywhere. When I returned home and popped open the card door, I discovered there was no card in there. Ah, hubris...

Ruben Alfu

Well, it's good to know even the recognized pros occasionally wind up with full CF cards, Ruben. A couple weeks ago I spent a full day with my 5D modified to infrared camera body taking what may have been the most insightful creative infrared photos ever taken by anyone, anywhere. When I returned home and popped open the card door, I discovered there was no card in there. Ah, hubris...

Agghh, that hurts Tom. Once I had the opportunity to photograph a carnival queen very close (that was BIG for me), she was in front of me posing for the camera, I did a big bunch of shoots, really cool. Then went home and formatted the card. End of excitement.

Ruben

Ruben Alfu

Probably doesn't make you feel better to find out there is a utility that will recover the photos off a formatted card :-(

Hi Bob,

When I knew about that later I already had used the card several times so no chances to recover the card, or me!

Ruben