• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

At the market

Cem_Usakligil

m07599.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Actually, Cem, you got me totally hoodwinked. I thought, was this some bingo church outing and all the women were given sunglasses. It did not occur to me that they were not real people, all shopping!

Is that proof of my advancing age or just susceptibility to suggestion by your masterful chance catch of the absurd!

Asher

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

Your photo has captivated me because of the photo opportunities that could be exploited at this interesting market stall. Three quickly come to mind. A subset of the heads with the black background to the right, a couple of the heads with the mirror containing interesting interactions in behind, and probably most the storekeeper featured with the heads to the left ----- all tighter shots.

------

Cem_Usakligil

Actually, Cem, you got me totally hoodwinked. I thought, was this some bingo church outing and all the women were given sunglasses. It did not occur to me that they were not real people, all shopping!

Is that proof of my advancing age or just susceptibility to suggestion by your masterful chance catch of the absurd!

Asher
Thanks Asher, you have made me laugh. Imagine those elderly women, a bit like Sophia from the Golden Girls, just tall enough to peek above the counter! Priceless.

Cem_Usakligil

Your photo has captivated me because of the photo opportunities that could be exploited at this interesting market stall. Three quickly come to mind. A subset of the heads with the black background to the right, a couple of the heads with the mirror containing interesting interactions in behind, and probably most the storekeeper featured with the heads to the left ----- all tighter shots.

------
All very valuable observations Robert, thanks. Even though I have been shooting street scenes for so long, I am still a bit shy. It would possibly be an issue for me to take multiple photos here since I don't want to attract too much attention to myself. I do that sometimes though, depending on the body language of the subjects, the environment and whether I am feeling bold enough or not.