• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Batis Bubbles

Peter Dexter

This a shot in early morning light with the Batis 1.8/85 set to 1.8. Interestingly the lens produced a very bubbly bokeh.

42845285285_6121f596d3_c.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This a shot in early morning light with the Batis 1.8/85 set to 1.8. Interestingly the lens produced a very bubbly bokeh.

42845285285_6121f596d3_c.jpg

Peter,

I love the mood here!

It’s surprising for such an expensive lens but it turns out to be beautiful and in this picture delightful too. The perfect bubbles are akin to berries in the bg trees. These contrast so well with the vertically of the hanging fronds of saprophytic plants on the branches.

Asher

Jerome Marot

1: is the picture also taken in South America?
2: what made you chose the Batis over the offering from Sony?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes Jerome in Colombia. As to choosing the Batis I was just experimenting to see what would happen.

Peter, that is an amazing answer as there is a big price behind such an “experiment”! Did the dealer lend you this bespoke glass to see if you would want to buy it?

I once was taken aback when a VW dealer in Iowa City, Iowa, gave me the keys to a brand new VW luxury Caravan, (with sleeping for 2 adults and 3 kids), without even taking my driving license, as hostage! He said, “I know where you work so there’s no worry you won’t bring it back after the weekend!”

However, I have never had a camera store allow me to take a new Zeiss lens within 3 ft of the door!

Asher