• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Shots from a Muslim Wedding in the UK

fahim mohammed

NON- DSLR. No Flash: Summilux 35mm asph. Heavily cropped at the bridegroom's request.

p309504021.jpg

p249640466.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

I do like the contrast between the man who documents for the state and the one who does so for heaven. I wish the happy couple marital bliss, (yes, it's really achievable), health and success. Certainly they have the good will of the community behind them!

Finding the right person is indeed a wonderful thing.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher. Isn't it wonderful...

Two more and that's it...

p115110134.jpg

p254072744.jpg

So who are the officiants here. what about the decorated coat. Is that ceremonial for the groom or is that one of the witnesses. Is their a specially prepared marriage document and are they illustrated and decorated?

What's the point in the Muslim wedding when they are in fact past no return and actually married?

Asher

fahim mohammed

p115110134.jpg

p254072744.jpg

So who are the officiants here. what about the decorated coat. Is that ceremonial for the groom or is that one of the witnesses. Is their a specially prepared marriage document and are they illustrated and decorated?

What's the point in the Muslim wedding when they are in fact past no return and actually married?

Asher

Asher, this was a Pakistani friend's daughter's wedding. I talked about it sometime ago. Two officials.
The Court Registrar and the Muslim Sheikh. The man in the ' decorated coat ' is the father of the bridegroom. There is nothing ceremonial about the dress..ordinary/Formal Pakistani dress. The man leaning closest to him is the bride's father. Two witnesses each..from the girl's side and the boy's side.

The marriage took place here and now. The Religious and Civil marriage happened at the same time. The girl and the boy had always met in the parent's house, in the presence of their brothers and elders. That was just to get them to approve of each other. No more.

The girl is an honors graduate in English Literature from Cambridge University and has recently been granted her doctorate in the same subject from Cambridge.

The boy is a doctorate from UMIST in some science/engineering field.

They were both born in Britain.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Fahim,
My education continues through your camera!
Thank you for sharing a view to a ceremony and culture to which, sadly, I am so uneducated.

Now, leave it to me to ask the odd question - is there any significance to the clocks in the background, each showing a different time?

fahim mohammed

Hi Fahim,
My education continues through your camera!
Thank you for sharing a view to a ceremony and culture to which, sadly, I am so uneducated.

Now, leave it to me to ask the odd question - is there any significance to the clocks in the background, each showing a different time?

Hi John.

There are five clocks, indicating the times for the five compulsory prayers.

Take care.