• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled, (Bay Bridge) - San Francisco, California '15

Paul Abbott

baybridgeabstract_1_of_1_640.jpg

Untitled - San Francisco, California '15 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

This has 3 diagonal elements of totally different feel, actually 4 if we add the sky.

Any chance there's detail of clouds or s gradient hidden in the sky.

Did you also try a more contrasts expression in the wooden wall with peeling paint. I'd imagine that there might be further rich variation in tonalities that might be in the original raw file?

Anyway, each time you share a picture of the bridge I am so happy to see you searching for a small area to study and bring that to us to enjoy.

Thanks,

Asher

Paul Abbott

Asher, l 'dodged' the wooden building to create a contrast with the dark tones of the bridge and fence. As for the sky, l do have some tones in it but l wouldn't want them to distract from the rest of the image.
I must admit with hindsight l have had a big interest in the Bay Bridge moreso than the Golden Gate.