• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Swiss Wood - Diptych '16

Paul Abbott

I can't get it any bigger...said the mistress to the Bishop. That's right, i've maxed out on pixel length for this one, which is understandable I guess.

While I was in Switzerland I had a notion of shooting a limited photographic project detailing the stockpiles of seasoning chopped wood the Swiss store up for the winter. You see it everywhere, sometimes it's used to decorate chalets, it's left in fields, it's even left outside storefronts alongside the merchandise on sale and even at public BBQ sites. There's loads of it and all looking quite interesting in the right location...
The thing is, by the time I thought of this idea I only had two more days in Switzerland and time was running out, and so I just couldn't do it any justice at all.
But...I did get a few shots, and a couple are here arranged as a diptych.

I love Diptychs, i've done a few before, they're great fun and done right can be quite engaging.

swisswood_1_1_of_1_horz1600.jpg

Swiss Wood - Diptych '16 - Paul Abbott