• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Visit to Paris

Hello Mates,

I had a visit to Paris where I clicked many images among which I have shared the one below. Let me know where I have missed.

IMG_8320.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcomed whole heartedly :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ40uSx7EU5Qktfb0hJQVdETFU

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Well, Roshni, you didn't miss the tower. Not sure if you had anything else in mind that you felt you excluded.
Stick it in the album to remind you of a wonderful trip.
Don't get too fussed over the details.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Mates,

I had a visit to Paris where I clicked many images among which I have shared the one below. Let me know where I have missed.

IMG_8320.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcomed whole heartedly :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ40uSx7EU5Qktfb0hJQVdETFU

I shrunk the file to 1000 pixels accross and posted it for you. That way we decorate our pages and have immediacy!

You aked for comments. first, this is one of my favorite landmarks. I have visited so many times and admire how it has become a symbol of France itself. Being so often photographed, after taking one's first pictures, then it might be worth considering how to make the shot your own.

Here for example, if one is going to include some other mundane or else iconic location or structure, compose it carefully and then use f8.0 or even a far tinier aperture, (forget about degrading your image), as depth of field is your concern. That fence on the left, is not too interesting as a lead-in to the picture. Think of a boat on the Seine, couples, (Paris is a place for lovers and honeymoons), or perhaps some fascinating roofs. Think about it and hunt for this view, which will then separate your work in your own mind from millions of tourist pictures.

Some technical points,

• Join a free picture hosting service and learn how to serive a url for the picture 400-100 pixels wide according to your needs. Then insert that url between and [/IMG), (Use all square brackets of course) so the picture appears in your post.

[*]the exposure here is a little too much for the highlights in the clouds. Perhpas if you have this shot in RAW, the blown out areas can be recoviered.

[*]Use a tripod, table, railing, wall or chair to give a steady level and set your camera to bracket at least 3 exposures: normal then + and - 3 stops, for example. Then combine these in any HDR software to expand the diynamic range but not create a dystopia!

[*]Remember to straighten the picture! A vertical tower must be vertical unless you design the composition otherwise.
    [/LIST][/INDENT]

Keep at it. You are on your way!

Asher

Last edited:
I shrunk the file to 1000 pixels accross and posted it for you. That way we decorate our pages and have immediacy!

You aked for comments. first, this is one of my favorite landmarks. I have visited so many times and admire how it has become a symbol of France itself. Being so often photographed, after taking one's first pictures, then it might be worth considering how to make the shot your own.

Here for example, if one is going to include some other mundane or else iconic location or structure, compose it carefully and then use f8.0 or even a far tinier aperture, (forget about degrading your image), as depth of field is your concern. That fence on the left, is not too interesting as a lead-in to the picture. Think of a boat on the seine, couples, (Paris is a place for lovers and honeymoons), or perhaps some fascinating roofs. Think about it and hunt for this view, which will then separate your work in your own mind from millions of tourist pictures.

Some technical points,

• Join a free picture hosting service and learn how to serive a url for the picture 400-1000 pixels wide according to your needs. Then insert that url between and [/IMG), (Use all square brackets of course) so the picture appears in your post.

[*]the exposure here is a little too much for the highlights in the clouds. Perhpas if you have this shot in RAW, the blown out areas can be recoviered.

[*]Use a tripod, table, railing, wall or chair to give a steadfy level and set your camera to bracket at least 3 exposures: normal then + and - 3 stops, for example. Then combine these in any HDR software to expand the diynamic range but not create a dystopia!

[*]Remember to straighten the picture! A vertical tower must be vertical unless you design the composition otherwise.
    [/LIST][/INDENT]

Keep at it. You are on your way!

Asher[/QUOTE]

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for taking out the time to view shots which I shared. I will surely keep in mind the technical terms which you mentioned.

Thank you :)

Robert Watcher

Some adjustments can be made on your photo to improve it. Example the tower is on an angle, the vertical perspective can easily be corrected, and it benefits from more contrast. Using your web image here, I quickly made a few of those adjustments using Snapseed on my iPad:

IMG_3667b96a3.jpg

But where you could benefit hugely, would be by even doing an Image Google Search for the Eiffel Tower and see how others are managing to find good vantage points and interesting compositions of this well photographed landmark, and then use that inspiration to find your own captivating photographs:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=eiffel+tower&client=safari&hl=en-ca&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidmLqazufVAhUG5yYKHcyKBQkQ_AUIESgB&biw=768&bih=928&dpr=2

-----------

But where you could benefit hugely, would be by even doing an Image Google Search for the Eiffel Tower and see how others are managing to find good vantage points and interesting compositions of this well photographed landmark, and then use that inspiration to find your own captivating photographs:

-----------

Yes surely.
Your suggestions in mind to be looked over for next shot.

Thank you :)