• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

High School Basketball

Robert Watcher

I have never had the chance to photograph baaketball. Shot lots of hockey and surfing.

Today my grandson asked if Anne and I wanted to come and watch him play. He was traveling with his high school team - ironically - to the high school that I attended some 45 years ago. It was sentimental for that reason, as well as I used to take a peek in the gym doorway when I would hear the girls basketball and volleyball teams that my future wife played on - would be visiting to take on our girls team.

The shots may be a little boring in content, because I wasn’t there to capture all aspects of the game —- I was mainly wanting a few good shots of our grandson - #45

I took along my little Olympus EM10 w/ 45mm f1.8 attached, and shot from the sidelines. I set the exposure to Manual f2.2@1/800’th@1600 ISO. The EM10 is definitely not a sports camera, but I did the best with what I had.

F8AF5FCA-759F-43A7-B524-879B966D30C1.jpg

D96CCDBA-3EC6-4033-BACB-9C9CB8E94BA3.jpg

BD28767A-A98A-4FDF-BA9D-5001690A4C67.jpg

B25F23C8-C026-471C-85FD-34EA122FB0D6.jpg