• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My new work iMac 24 lived a short life...

Ken Mitchell

I am going to the repair shop (Apple Certified Retailer) to pick up my newly repaired iMac aluminum 24 that I bought for my office three weeks ago.

It died young... a fan failure caused a mainboard and powersupply meltdown, leading to a very smelly and dramatic death of the computer...

I was rendering some video files (burning a DVD with toast) and the smoke started rolling...

I have had the Rev 1 (plastic case) iMac 24 since a couple weeks after the design was available without any problems... but this aluminium one always (from day 1) ran a LOT hotter than the older one I have, which leads me to think I had a fan failure early on.

Simply an FYI.