• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lough Tay, Wicklow Mountains

I'm sorry. I should have mentioned in my previous post that my wife and I just returned from our third trip to Ireland. We love the place and spent another 2 weeks seeing what we could get into. Lough Tay is special because it is not only beautiful but with the brown looking water and the whitish sand at the right end it resembles a perfectly poured pint of Guinness, frothy head and all. Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm sorry. I should have mentioned in my previous post that my wife and I just returned from our third trip to Ireland. We love the place and spent another 2 weeks seeing what we could get into. Lough Tay is special because it is not only beautiful but with the brown looking water and the whitish sand at the right end it resembles a perfectly poured pint of Guinness, frothy head and all. Cheers!

We have not yet visited Ireland but now it's on my list. James, rhank you!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Very reflective of the wonderful country.

Tell you something Asher. The difference I felt on my arrival in Ireland c.f Britain was very educational.
Much much friendlier and hospitable.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very reflective of the wonderful country.

Tell you something Asher. The difference I felt on my arrival in Ireland c.f Britain was very educational.
Much much friendlier and hospitable.

Fahim,

That’s an interesting point. The Irish, especially innthr Republic of Ireland are a pretty homogenous people with very stable social customs and a sense of immense self pride and security as a people.

This is pretty much similar to the social fabric of an Arab or Afghani, or Indian or West Indian “clan” where there is no foreign invader.

In the U.K., however, there is a teeming melting pot of competing cultures belensingcand yet remaining steadfastly independant in amany ways. There will be a wonderful salesgirl in hijab in Birmingham with a pure local accent who is so helpful and a Pakistani businessman with a perfect Etonian upper class accent offering, “Sir, that’s an awfully heavy suitcase. May I assist you up these steps?” But then some eugenic will yell some epithet according to your race. So it’s complex. Most of the time, the U.K. is welcoming and fair but with an underlying to be unconsciously ”classified” as to race and ethnicity and degree of worth. In villages, however, you will be welcomed as in Ireland!

This is very close to visiting the Grand Market under the city of Istanbul, Turkey, where the police at the entrance and every sales stall are expert in parsing your origin, risk and worth.

Go into the country side, or even in the main streets, and the native Turks open up their arms.

Try Paris, LOL, some waiters seem to make a point and take pride in quips and being rude, LOL

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hold on Grasshopper.
You surely are aware of this

Fahim,

That’s an interesting point. The Irish, especially innthr Republic of Ireland are a pretty homogenous people with very stable social customs and a sense of immense self pride and security as a people.

This is pretty much similar to the social fabric of an Arab or Afghani, or Indian or West Indian “clan” where there is no foreign invader.

In the U.K., however, there is a teeming melting pot of competing cultures belensingcand yet remaining steadfastly independant in amany ways. There will be a wonderful salesgirl in hijab in Birmingham with a pure local accent who is so helpful and a Pakistani businessman with a perfect Etonian upper class accent offering, “Sir, that’s an awfully heavy suitcase. May I assist you up these steps?” But then some eugenic will yell some epithet according to your race. So it’s complex. Most of the time, the U.K. is welcoming and fair but with an underlying to be unconsciously ”classified” as to race and ethnicity and degree of worth. In villages, however, you will be welcomed as in Ireland!

This is very close to visiting the Grand Market under the city of Istanbul, Turkey, where the police at the entrance and every sales stall are expert in parsing your origin, risk and worth.

Go into the country side, or even in the main streets, and the native Turks open up their arms.

Try Paris, LOL, some waiters seem to make a point and take pride in quips and being rude, LOL

Asher[/QUOTE]