• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Always glad when...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Im always glad when after a shoot the client gets cover pages in the magazines…
This may means that the job has been well done : )
Below is the cover of the American Magazine Cruising World / July issue.
There's an article inside about the same boat and there should be more pics but I haven't seen the mag yet…

FYI this shot was done las Feb. in the Bahamas.
Of course shot from an helicopter with the Pentax 645Z : )

13247782_1719084591663547_195826629389300997_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Im always glad when after a shoot the client gets cover pages in the magazines…
This may means that the job has been well done : )
Below is the cover of the American Magazine Cruising World / July issue.
There's an article inside about the same boat and there should be more pics but I haven't seen the mag yet…

FYI this shot was done las Feb. in the Bahamas.
Of course shot from an helicopter with the Pentax 645Z : )

13247782_1719084591663547_195826629389300997_o.jpg

We are all so proud of you and Romain. I presume you had video too. It must be crampyvand a cause for all sorts of aches getting such shots from a tiny dragonfly of a helicopter!

Bravo!

Asher

nicolas claris

We are all so proud of you and Romain. I presume you had video too. It must be crampyvand a cause for all sorts of aches getting such shots from a tiny dragonfly of a helicopter!

Bravo!

Asher

Merci Asher
This is not so difficult, just some hints and experience… ;)
Of course there were also a video shot by Romain!
You may see it there : http://www.cata-lagoon.com/lagoon_42_uk.php (scroll down the page, it is just under the title "Award")

Asher Kelman

Congrats ! The cover a magazine is always an achievement ! :)

I like this one very much !

i-MTHNTZh-XL.jpg

Antonio and Nicolas,

The entire process of making boats, from drawing to such a great picture is mesmerizing! Such a lot of creativity and experience fitted into a small floating space that folk can enjoy for many years.

This picture sums up all that careful endeavor and love packed into a boat and then one superb happy vibrant picture like this.

Asher

nicolas claris

Thank You Antonio and Asher.

Speaking of magazine covers, here is a new one in Asia-Pacific Boating last month issue:

Asia%20Pacific%20Boating_1000pix.jpg

A CNB 76 footer, shot from helicopter with a Pentax 645 D​

Asher Kelman

Thank You Antonio and Asher.

Speaking of magazine covers, here is a new one in Asia-Pacific Boating last month issue:

Asia%20Pacific%20Boating_1000pix.jpg

A CNB 76 footer, shot from helicopter with a Pentax 645 D​

Are there two more spinnakers?I'd love yo see this at full sail too from the side!

In the pictures of the launch of this boat, the foresail was white! Why the change. Is this a different technology and handling or just prettier?

Asher

nicolas claris

Hi Asher
I don't know which sails you saw, it might a 'genaker' or a 'code 0'…
Generally spinnakers are made of colorful fabric, but they also can be white!

You may see more foresail on a sister ship that I shot earlier this year in Palma de Majorca :
Here

Foresails are of different shape, surface, fabric depending of their use determined by the wind strength and direction, no cosmetic there, but efficiency…