• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Newsworthy!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Since Asher is without Electricity and telephone service, let's surprise him by posting images that might be newsworthy.

Well, today I found out that two images I submitted for Big Sunday, a Los Angeles organization who tries to promote volunteerism as making the giver the recipient of the benefits of donating their time and efforts to making others feel good by working picked two of my images for their website. Last year they got international attention and the year before some of the volunteer photographers got exposure in the Wall Street Journal.

Anyway, this is one that I submitted of students sorting donated books to be given to students in a needy area who could not afford books...

289114814_gwm8S-M-1.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thank you!

Bart,

Thank you - very exciting to see your stuff in print. Too bad it's not for pay but maybe it will lead to that!

Never know...