• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Web Hosting - Know Of Any Sites With Templates Available?

Natalie Young

Hi there,

Since I am a new photographer I only have started a little basic site Visit My Website with Freewebs.com just to get myself out there. However, because it's free hosting there are ads (that I've been told are distracting and don't allow the picture to fit properly on the page when viewing) and very few changes you can make to the template itself and/or the page names, etc. I don't necessarily want to get a professional site yet as I'm still learning and I think I should wait until my pictures are a little stronger.

SO, my question I guess is, without having to re-learn code right now does anyone know of any other hosting (I'd be willing to pay if the templates are adjustable and have classic, clean, simple looks) sites out there that give you a good amount of space, bandwidth, meta-tag capability, etc that aren't too expensive? OR should I just keep this site and pay to get rid of the ads?

Thank you!

Natalie

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonsoir Natalie
a very difficult question…
If your happy with your site for now, it would save you time and some headache to keep the same web hoster. If you can afford it, yes pay the fees to delete the ads!

Seen from here (Europe), your site is not too slow but I have a very good bandwidth… and your site is not that much loaded (for now!).

BTW I paid a visit to your site, and let me say that I like your very simple approch of photography, without any "arty effects".

We're all waiting for your contribution here, there are a lot of fora to choose for posting and people are generally open minded (well, not all, but I won't put the mane in here! ;-)

Welcome in OPF and have a very nice day!

Rhys Sage

pro member
I like the photos and the layout of the site. It lacks a little zing but it's pretty good.

I have a webhost and use websitebaker for my content management system. My webhost does provide a basic web designer with available templates but I was never very keen on the rather boring menus.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

I too like the design of your site as it is, and it loaded quickly enough for me. As you say yourself, it's currently fairly basic, but it works well and is easy to navigate. Personally I would be tempted to pay to remove the ads, but I guess it depends upon how much that costs.

I've seen quite a few sites based around www.clikpic.com. I think they're uk based though, so don't know how you would fare from Canada.

Particularly enjoyed your series of photos on barns - nicely done.

Cheers,