Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Darkroom > Retouching & Repairing

Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
OPF Moderator

Default Welcome to the new retouching forum

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed that the RAW and JPEG workflow forums have been subject to a name change. After lots of discussion it was decided to distinguish between two sorts of post processing.

The "Image Processing and Workflow" forum encompasses the sorts of overall image manipulations that one may do with a tool such as Lightroom. That is the forum in which to discuss how to achieve the overall look that one wishes a photo to have. The photos may originate from RAW, JPEG or TIFF; newer tools like Lightroom or LightZone don't distinguish between them.

The "JPEG workflow" forum, which previously attracted little interest, has now become the "Retouching and Repairing" forum. This forum takes off where "Image Processing and Workflow" forum finishes, and attempts to deal with post-processing at the pixel level with tools such as Photoshop.

Asher has entrusted me with the task moderating this forum and inciting members to participate. To that end I welcome you to pose your retouching dilemmas so that we may help you evolve your skills, whether you're a beginner or an advanced retouching artist.

Learning good retouching skills takes time. This is especially true with Photoshop, whose vast repertoire of capabilities can be all to bewildering to the newcomer. So please, ask questions and share your experiences. If you're already a competent retoucher then we call upon your help to make this forum shine.

I shall do my best to maintain a degree of organisation in the forum, so that valuable threads may be easily found. In this way I hope that the forum will become an efficient and useful retouching resource.

Regards,

Tim

All images posted in OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated Comment Only or Edit and Repost.

Last edited by Tim Armes; September 4th, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:35 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Thanks Tim for taking up the challenge to look after this important forum!

To everyone, please make this an important part of your visit to OPF. This is where we can share our skils and learn at the same time.

Whether it is to make the skin perfect, rebuild an incomplete object or change the mood of the entire scene, retouching can transform something ordinary to impressive and the latter to extraordinary.

So please, post and/submit your images for all of us to work on.

http://www.yousendit.com can be used for large files or else link to your website.

Asher

Thanks Ray, Diane and Tim for correcting the URL .

Last edited by Asher Kelman; September 5th, 2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray West
Hi Asher, usendit link is broken, afaik.

Best wishes, Ray
It is http://www.yousendit.com/ I use it off and on and its the only way I can send RAW or larger files reliably.

Diane
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM

:: Good Idea ::
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM

iam really happy to find alot of tutorials and topics about retouching photos here in openphotographyforums ... thats a place where i would like to find all that iam looking for

thanks
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:59 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherief mohamed View Post
iam really happy to find alot of tutorials and topics about retouching photos here in openphotographyforums ... thats a place where i would like to find all that iam looking for

thanks
The best approach this is to show your pictures and describe what the issue you have with it. There are many ways to approach editing images and we always get surprising new ways.

Good luck,

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.