• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

4 day trek -how to charge batteries?

A friend mentioned a 4 day trek here in Bolivia following the remains of an ancient Inca trail. I was thinking that if I did such journey I would have to bring my PhseOne P25/Mamiya camera with me.

But... what to do about power? I have only 3 batteries for the back and they run out of juice too fast... the other way to do it is to power the back with the FireWere juice coming from my MacBookPro ...

Any ideas?

Cem_Usakligil

Edit: This post up till post #9 have been moved over to here from this thread where they were originally posted.

No electricity - sounds great. We've stayed a few times at a place with no power (and running stream water), and have always enjoyed it very much. The view is not quite as majestic however.

MIke
Sounds great but how does one charge the batteries for the camera and the portable hard disks to backup the gazillion pictures one can take there? lol

Cheers,

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For your cell phone and MP3 player or GPS unit, but not the laptop inside the backpack:

9523802_sa.jpg

Bestbuy.com Solar Array Backpack

a 400 Watt setup with a 120 volt AC outlet

400diagram.JPG

Earthtechproducts.com $542

fahim mohammed

Asher, the back pack looks very interesting...from where?

Regards.

For your cell phone and MP3 player or GPS unit, but not the laptop inside the backpack:

9523802_sa.jpg

Bestbuy.com Solar Array Backpack

a 400 Watt setup with a 120 volt AC outlet

400diagram.JPG

Earthtechproducts.com $542

Last edited:

Damien Paul

Oh, I have to get me one of these! I love going for walkabouts (though not had the time for a couple of years) - this would be absolutely perfect for me.