• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just right.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Do you ever have those days when everything just seems to be right. Its the days when I take my best pictures. Its like I'm a kid again. I don't give a toss about the camera or lunch or my arthritis or a late train. The only thing that matters is that I will have a moment of intense pleasure noticing the simplest of things and how intriguing it is. Then, when I get back home and load the shots on the computer and put on something very cool like Michael Manring playing Selene and I'll go into some sort of trance and think how fortunate I am.

Photography provides me with the opportunity to find peace. The picture stops the world and I can get off and relax for a while.

Bless your inquisitive minds, Niepse and Talbot.

_DSF3796 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

Sam Hames

Photography provides me with the opportunity to find peace. The picture stops the world and I can get off and relax for a while.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

But I always get an unhelpful reminder in my head that the world kept going even though I tried to stop it. I always need another hit and the cycle repeats.

I think I need to get out more...