• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pierre Boucher 1908-2000

Charlotte Thompson

https://youtu.be/LBtJT-SHqiM

Pierre Boucher (1908-2000) is a photographer who has contributed much to give the picture its place in modern art.
With Pierre Boucher, the photographer out of the darkroom to learn about other professions. Actor current photo of the New Vision or New Objectivity , Pierre Boucher explores various aspects of avant-garde photography. He must nudes surrealist inspired by Man Ray , the frames ,

Jerome Marot

https://youtu.be/LBtJT-SHqiM

Pierre Boucher (1908-2000) is a photographer who has contributed much to give the picture its place in modern art.
With Pierre Boucher, the photographer went out of the darkroom to learn about other professions. Actor current photo of the New Vision or New Objectivity , Pierre Boucher explores various aspects of avant-garde photography. He must nudes surrealist inspired by Man Ray , the frames ,

This text appears to be an automatic translation of the French Wikipedia Article.

I think it should read:

Pierre Boucher (1908-2000) is a photographer who has contributed a lot to give photography its place in modern art.

With Pierre Boucher, the photographer went out of the darkroom to learn about other practices. As a member of movements like the Nouvelle Vision or Neue Sachlichkeit, Pierre Boucher explores many aspects of avant-garde photography. He is known for surrealistic nudes inspired by Man Ray, photograms, photographic collages, solarisation and superimposition. For him as a tireless pioneer of post treatment, overlay and collage, all techniques are fit to be explored.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte and Jerome!

Thanks for finfmding the reference and the proper translation. It is deceptive to think a single picture can represent the dynamic image crafted in the mind when one observes anything in our world. We don't merely process the scene to build a mental image, but simultaneously, we begin a long process of integrating this new scene with all the stored memories about such things, their properties, value and significance.

So it's wonderful for an artist to realize the possibilities of leading U.S. The build even richer insights and evocative experience when we look at a flat screen or print with two dimensional subjects. This he dines by hinting at so many other motifs that delicately stimulate our minds to build countless mitmrages of whisky transience and engaging mystery and beauty.

I see this in the pictures now on display in my home gallery. There's a lot a photographer can learn from this approach.

I also ask questions, did he project shadows of a mesh on to the body of that nude, or is this to another of the many transparency layers? But I only make such questions out of the desire to use such textures and not that one really "needs to know" to appreciate the art. The effects created do not call attention to themselves as "effects" as everything is done in a seamless fashion.

It's all so impressive and inspiring!

Thanks again,

Asher

Jerome Marot

This he dines by hinting at so many other motifs that delicately stimulate our minds to build countless mitmrages of whisky transience and engaging mystery and beauty.

Either your spell checker is possessed by evil or you realised that Pierre Boucher belongs to the surrealists.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
repost of my thoughts, revised, bypassing know-it-all "Siri"!

Charlotte and Jerome!

Thanks for finfmding the reference and the proper translation. It is deceptive to think a single picture can represent the dynamic image crafted in the mind when one observes anything in our world. We don't merely process the scene to build a mental image, but simultaneously, we begin a long process of integrating this new scene with all the stored memories about such things, their properties, value and significance.

So it's wonderful for an artist to realize the possibilities of leading us to build richer insights and experience than what shows on a flat screen or print as two dimensional subjects. The artist hints at many other motifs, each singularly and in a myriad of transient ever-shifting combinations, gently stimulate our minds to build engaging mysteries without needed answers and beauty that escapes.

I see this in the pictures by you, Charlotte, and by you of paintings on abandoned walls, Jerome, now on display in my home gallery. There's a lot a photographer can learn from these approaches.

I also ask questions, did he project shadows of a mesh on to the body of that nude, or is this to another of the many transparency layers? But I only pose this question out of the desire to use such textures and not that one "needs to know" to appreciate the art. The effects created do not ever call attention to themselves as "effects", as everything is done in a seamless fashion.

It's all so impressive and inspiring!

Thanks again,

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

I only just happened to find this going through some of my video work on youtube and thought Wow!
This definitely needs to be shown- For me looks like overlay work-Who knew!

Charlotte-