• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old work Rephotographed

Mark Hampton

eyetraker-1.jpg

Itracker - By Mark Hampton
Gelintin Silver Print Rephotographed

the image is almost this size in real life its slightly smaller . it was the start of a piece of work entitled "looking for the wobble"

I have not managed to get to a scanner yet so I thought I may as well photograph some old prints - check how they come out!

Agfa MC double weight paper / selenium toned / gold toned – I have tried not to alter tonality in the copy – but it’s a bloody nightmare.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
eyetraker-1.jpg

Itracker - By Mark Hampton

Mark,

I've done the same and then used photoshop to add colors and details not in the original. Sometimes the result is a ruined concept, other times it's a bright new way of looking at things. for sure it's a dark black hole to get lost in as one develops an obsessional need to save one's offspring.

So the original was a drawing?

Asher

Mark Hampton

the original image is an eye tracker made from an eye tracker image of me looking at a portrait for 5 mins – it’s a computer printout – ink on paper - eye trackers measure where the fovea moves over the period of time.

the portrait I was looking at was an amalgamation of my mothers and fathers faces blurred (i no longer own the image / the idea was based on the idea that when a new born sees its parents it finds it difficult to tell the difference between its parents faces visually )

This Image was then re-photographed at an angle to change the perspective and provide the limited depth of field (just over where the eyes would have been). The image was placed beside the picture of my mother and father.

Below is image from the work –

swung.jpg

Swung - By Mark Hampton

the curve of the print makes this not square btw.

Asher Kelman

the original image is an eye tracker made from an eye tracker image of me looking at a portrait for 5 mins – it’s a computer printout – ink on paper - eye trackers measure where the fovea moves over the period of time.

What is the eye-trackjer mechanism you use? Is it from an ophthalmologist office?

swung.jpg

Swung - By Mark Hampton

I do not follow what's in the image. What is the set of poles there?

Asher

Mark Hampton

What is the eye-trackjer mechanism you use? Is it from an ophthalmologist office?

swung.jpg

Swung - By Mark Hampton

I do not follow what's in the image. What is the set of poles there?

Asher

glasgow universities physcoligy lab was where it was made - 1996 - the machines were nothing like the stuff they have now you can walk around with them - i want to get one of the newer types -

the image is a swing - with out the swings they were taken away

Asher Kelman

Mark,

There seems to be a set of tripods in line or a set up with swinging steel balls perhaps. I'm intrigued! Is that the tracker?

Asher

Mark Hampton

Mark,

There seems to be a set of tripods in line or a set up with swinging steel balls perhaps. I'm intrigued! Is that the tracker?

Asher

Asher

http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/004W237657110001

its something like this - a Childs swing - in the 90s in Glasgow most had their chains removed - I played enlarger jazz - put the 35mm negative strip in a 4/5 carrier so that one end was clamped and the other edge curdled - I then focused on the front leg of the swing – the landscape image below then became blurred.