• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rainforest World Music Festival 2011

Eugene Ye

Hi All,

I was at Borneo for the Rainforest World Music Festival and took this pic. It was a very warm day but the talents that day really thrilled me..

C&C on the following photo is welcomed, thanks.

rainforestfest01s.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi All,

I was at Borneo for the Rainforest World Music Festival and took this pic. It was a very warm day but the talents that day really thrilled me..

C&C on the following photo is welcomed, thanks.

rainforestfest01s.jpg

Whenever I see a musician on stage it's a challenge of bad lighting and a microphone blocking the face. You have passed these obstacles and gotten a picture with some of the mood with the aquamarine smoky background. A link to the music would be great, BTW!

It's hard to critique as we don't see a before and after shot. I have no idea whether flash is allowed or what the barriers were. I just like it! but we need more to get the concert!

Asher

Eugene Ye

I am sorry Asher; I thought I had replied from my mobile device. I probably didn't notice that it failed somehow.

yep, I think it lacks some context. personally i feel that his expression is a bit muted. no flash is used and i was pretty near to the stage. i can't remember how near but to give an idea, this is taken at focal length of 150mm on apsc.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am sorry Asher; I thought I had replied from my mobile device. I probably didn't notice that it failed somehow.

yep, I think it lacks some context. personally i feel that his expression is a bit muted. no flash is used and i was pretty near to the stage. i can't remember how near but to give an idea, this is taken at focal length of 150mm on apsc.

I like the picture. The difficulties in shooting you overcame. I totally and aced it. just like more pictures!!

Asher

Eugene Ye

Hi mates,
Sorry that I was away for too long, some more photos from the same event to share. Feel free to C&C :)

rainforestfest02s.jpg

rainforestfest03s.jpg

rainforestfest04s.jpg

rainforestfest05s.jpg

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
That first one is strong, the others, not that much. That first one is very much a dynamic captured moment where we can see into the soul of the musician. The other ones just seem too generic in comparison I'm afraid.

chi pritchard

The difference in capturing a musician as supposed to a couple at a wedding or portrait session. Passion and expression is more evident. I have yet to shoot anything like this, but the intensity is there. Professionalism at it's best!

Adrian Wareham

That first one is strong, the others, not that much. That first one is very much a dynamic captured moment where we can see into the soul of the musician. The other ones just seem too generic in comparison I'm afraid.

I agree. When I shoot people, I have to know ahead of time when they are going to smile, move, stop, and so forth. I call it "photographic sniping". This was shot at night, in a bar, and flash was off. Somehow, I timed it just right.

SamTheMan.jpg

-Adrian