• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Temple in Kundaim

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
From my blog post Kundaim.

kundaim-temple.jpg

fahim mohammed

Rajan, while I love the settings of the temples. I wish I could get a closer look at their architecture.

The lush green I have seen in which the temples are located, are places I would like to visit.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From my blog post Kundaim.

kundaim-temple.jpg

What's so impressive is that the color palette is so unlike anything seen in Western Cities. Once again, these roofs seem to have come from Shariri's mind or maybe he was there too.

I's prefer not to see trees cut off. In such pictures a crave for more landscape if there's going to be some, go for excess!

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
What's so impressive is that the color palette is so unlike anything seen in Western Cities. Once again, these roofs seem to have come from Shariri's mind or maybe he was there too.

I's prefer not to see trees cut off. In such pictures a crave for more landscape if there's going to be some, go for excess!

Asher

Asher and Fahim - what is happening in Goa is that ugly concrete structures are coming up all over. You can perhaps guess how the place was, say, 50 years ago, lush & beautiful, with lots of foliage and open space. That is increasingly coming under pressure. Therefore, while framing I have to be careful to exclude undesirable objects. If I had been born 50 years earlier, and we had the technology then that we have now, it would be an entirely different world to photograph. One half of my reason in taking up serious photography was actuated by the need to document whatever beauty is left in Goa, because it it being fast depleted.

Asher - those are what are known as "Mangalore tiles." They were introduced into India by a German missionary and are widely used in the southern regions of India including Goa. See this -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalore_tiles