• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge.

5261367997_2b4ac9342b_z.jpg

Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 21.4cm X 16.3cm, from a 67 format Efke IR820 rollfilm negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

There is no special processing of the materials used. The tonal result is a consequence of infrared film, an infrared filter, a nice tree, and a sunny day!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
5261367997_2b4ac9342b_z.jpg

Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 21.4cm X 16.3cm, from a 67 format Efke IR820 rollfilm negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

There is no special processing of the materials used. The tonal result is a consequence of infrared film, an infrared filter, a nice tree, and a sunny day!

Maris,

I don't know whether you noticed, but there's a girl asleep near the base of the tree, she's bent over, her face is to the left with her black hair laid out behind her.

Asher

Alas, Asher there is no girl. You are a thrall of pareidolia. But it's ok. Romantic pareidolia always lends grace to the visionary.

Asher Kelman

Alas, Asher there is no girl. You are a thrall of pareidolia. But it's ok. Romantic pareidolia always lends grace to the visionary.

No thrall, was never traded by Vikings! I'm just a romantic. I see the best in things. Just given two threads I can make a dress and the woman inside it. It's exporting this into a material form, that's the challenge here.

Asher

Chris Calohan

I am so glad I didn't mention the lion as well, but thought better that his position was rather..well, I won't say...now you can see this for yourself. Double pareidolia.

Asher Kelman

I am so glad I didn't mention the lion as well, but thought better that his position was rather..well, I won't say...now you can see this for yourself. Double pareidolia.

Got it! Magnificent. but he won't eat the girl! He's just posing for Maris, LOL!

Asher