• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Workshops in the states Frank Doorhof

Hi,

Finally we get everything worked out.

On 27-28 October I will be in LA for two workshops, one each day.

Each will be a complete day and of course I will also answer any questions you may have starting from simple to more advanced.

Mail at info@frankdoorhof.com for more info.

Because we need at least 40 attendees to make it all work please write ASAP if you wish to join these workshops, it could be a one time only deal, it's a lot of work to come over to the states and I don't know how it all will work out of course.

Pricing will be approx. $275-300

As it looks now the workshops are 90% sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy, the location is Santa Ana close to us in Los Angeles!

The subjects, Frank's specialty, Beauty and Glamor as one might expect.

See Breaking News here .

Asher

It’s difficult to give an exact route of the workshop because they are very dynamic and tailor made to the groups but 100% sure is:

• What light does and how it works
• Calibration of your lightmeter
• Using graycards and understanding color and colormanagment
• Setup from 1 flash portraits to advanced 1 flash portraits
• Setup from 2-4 flash portraits
• Explaining how to find your models
• Explaining how to coach the models
• What to look for in posing
• Experimenting with dynamic posing
• Understanding the workflow in a session
• And much much more

And inbetween and after the workshops I'm available for any questions, if you take us out to diner even more :D

Maybe nice to add the following:

Everyone that brings in another photographer will receive 2 instructional DVDs for free.

Also it's nice to note that someone from Leaf will be there during the workshops to give some information about Leaf.
Looking forward to it and hoping to meet some of you guys/girls :D there.

Greetings,
Frank

Aly Stalboerger

Alas....I am too far away! Looks like it would be an informationally beneficial experience!!

Everyone that is going....HAVE FUN!! LEARN LOTS!! An bring back some tips for those of us that are miles and miles and miles from LA!

Hi,
We still have openings on both days.
At the moment we get alot of questions on the second day, because both workshops are in basis the same but after that the workshops are tailor made to the questions we have decided to give a 50% discount for the second day if someone attends both.