• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A walk on the beach in low tide

Antonio Correia

The light was harsh. It was very early in the morning...

The water was flowing downstream with the tide.

i-mhLdt9S-XL.jpg

Andy brown

I was looking at it Antonio, I looked away, I looked back and it had gone inverse on me. You know, when the depressions appear raised. Anyway, I'm still waiting for my brain to bring it back.

If you're gonna have leading lines, why not a thousand of 'em?

Antonio Correia

Thank you Andy.
This is not faked. It is real. The water is lowering and the sculptures on the sand come this way. This was photographed in Algarve, Armação de Pera Peach.
A pano from that very morning.

i-xHPnFVh-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The light was harsh. It was very early in the morning...

The water was flowing downstream with the tide.

i-mhLdt9S-XL.jpg

Antonio,

It's not a portrait or one of your open, but understandable landscapes that bring back memories. There is no sentimentality here.

This is so abstract as there are few anchors or recognizable keys to identifying what we see immediately. So the mystery draws us in.

I would like this but with no frame. I think it needs no borders or lines of the frame to contrast with its magic. This particular image, I think works best unadorned.

Asher

Paul Abbott

That initial image of yours is really interesting and great to see. For a minute I thought it was an aerial landscape shot... :)

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher for your comment.
As Paul pointed, it looks like an aerial landscape shot, some kind of desert. It is the absence of scale which returns this vision.
And this reminded me of our travel to Namibia back in October 2003.
We were flying over the Skeleton Coast when I made the image herewith.
It is a jpg (old times with a digital Nikon, gone now) and I worked it as I did to the others. No canvas this time.

In this photograph we do not have scale again ! It is just sand. Dried sand.
And also thank you to Tom for his comment ! :)

I looked and Googled but could not find the images of a French photographer who made some similar images...

i-x9cT6zd-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

Thank you Asher for your comment.
As Paul pointed, it looks like an aerial landscape shot, some kind of desert. It is the absence of scale which returns this vision.
It is a jpg (old times with a digital Nikon, gone now) and I worked it as I did to the others. No canvas this time.

I looked and Googled but could not find the images of a French photographer who made some similar images...

i-x9cT6zd-XL.jpg

Look how this infrared pictures extends its domination and influence far beyond the edges of the composition.

When this can happen, an entire wall can be transformed into a new world for exploration, what I call "An Imaginorium"!

Bravo!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Do you have more as I want to make a sculpture in "homage" to this fabulous class experience. I am so moved!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, António,

i-x9cT6zd-XL.jpg

An exquisite image.

As usual, it reflects your unparalleled mastery of the monochrome tonal scale.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Antonio Correia

Guys, unfortunately I have just two or three photographs similar to this one.
Later, I promise to show you what I have.

Asher, this is not an infrared photograph.

Thank you Doug. My eyes guide me ! :)

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

What I typed:

Look how this unframed (not "infrared", LOL ? ), picture extends its domination and influence far beyond the edges of the composition!

When this can happen, an entire wall can be transformed into a new world for exploration, what I call "An Imaginorium"!

Bravo!

Asher

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

Thank you Jerome and Maggie ! :)

Now, that I look at it again, it looks like it has no scale.

If I did not know it is my photograph, I would have some difficulty to get the right scape of it...