• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The door above

Ruben Alfu

Thanks for your comments!

_MG_1093.jpg

Ruben Alfu : The door above

Prateek Dubey

I like this picture for the sheer confidence of your capture and presentation. For me it has a significant emotional impact. Light pouring in from the door reveals the complex universe, which I imagine is the real narrative of this photograph.

Ruben Alfu

Hi Asher,

Here's a quick BW conversion, I made the composition a little wider too. What do you think?

_MG_1093_bw.jpg

Ruben Alfu : The door above - BW version

fahim mohammed

Ruben, this is a picture I have looked at many times.

I like the explosion of light, the subtle textures on the concrete that are picked up. The subdued, but not weak, colors all add to my pleasure.

The iron grill/rods seem to me to be some construction work going on. Pouring of cement. Is that a wood
scaffolding? Lovely rusted colors.

But for the life of me, what is it?

Take care.

Ruben Alfu

Hello Fahim,

Thanks for your interest in this photo, so glad you like it. I did this photo during a second visit to this place:

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=103198

What we are seeing here is exactly above the camera position in that other photo, those two beams are the remains of an upper floor, the door was an exit to the balcony. The building, which is certainly under renovation, dates back to the 1700's. The wood skeleton supporting the roof is new. The original walls (visible in the other post) are made out of rocks glued together with "calicanto", a mix of sand, lime and egg white.

I'll try to post some other captures of this place.