• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Cat is in!

Jarmo Juntunen

Well, actually the cats... two new companions and family members joined us some three weeks ago.

I would like you all to meet:

Helmi, 3 months

_img900.jpg

The other one, Viima, is more shy. I haven't been able to get anything but a tip of the tail snaps of her. Will post as soon as I get lucky.

P.s. Leave it to the kid to make your photography more interesting.

_img900.jpg

I swear she wasn't there when I pressed the shutter. Looks like we ate spaghetti that day.

Michael Nagel

Lovely cat - Helmi seems already determined.

I wish you all luck with both and I think they will be wonderful companions for you daughter.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Photography always does well at home! I like taking advantage of everything within the house and 30 minutes walk. We need more of this! Cats, children and the old lady across the road who stares from her window!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you so much Michael and Asher! Asher, I really agree with you on the significance of taking pictures at home. Pictures of your home and family gain a very heavy importance as time passes.

Yes, Michael, she's one determined little creature. I'm sure we will enjoy her and her "sister's" (they are not from the same litter) company in the family.

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you, Asher! I agree with you. I just needed to act fast and use the lens that happened to be ready (an f:4). Maybe next time then...

Michael Nagel

I like the silhouette shot - the 'togetherness' is well expressed.

Cats have a complex personality. I have seen cats dreaming - mainly of chasing mice (the movements and expressions can be very distinctive).

Best regards,
Michael

Jarmo Juntunen

Thanks Michael! They certainly are some characters, these little creatures.

I'm getting absent minded. I posted a b/w version of the silhoutte and asked for some c&c. I had completely forgotten posting the less-processed colour version here! And I liked this version better from the start! I need to start getting more sleep.

Jarmo Juntunen

Hope you had a lot of fun and nice moments with Helmi and Viima in the meantime.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for asking! Well, yes and no would be the correct answer. We had to give up Helmi (the gray one) due to domestic problems. She never got used to living indoors and would use any soft surface as a toilet. Viima, however, is proving to be a most gently mannered and pleasant feline!