• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Topaz product: JPEG to RAW AI (discounted)

Topaz just released JPEG to RAW AI. "Edit JPEG as if you shot it in RAW". For those of us who had less than professional cameras all those years or who got stuck with our phones and nothing else.

I did some tests on my blog.

•During the introductory two-week period beginning January 28, you can save $20 off the normal $99.99 price of Topaz JPEG to RAW AI. Use coupon plugsnpixels to save an additional $12!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was wondering about this new app from Topaz. After all, if onevuses either Photoshop Cc 2018 or Capture One, jpg files can be processed by the same engine as used for RAW.

So for the normal cost of $99, (without the 15% discount you have provided), Topaz, one of the smartest software companies for improving our images must be adding so much more. I suspect, thwtvin the AI name, is the indication that onevis actually gettingca version that can recognize elements in the image and create from libraries appropriate matching texture, seamlessly.

Does anyone know?

I will check the Topaz website!

Asher

Asher, it seems a bit of the Gigapixel/Clean type technology is going on, besides the conversion of the image to DNG, so there's a double benefit.

BTW, someone wrote me today and said my 15% coupon can be applied to the discount intro price, which I didn't realize... I updated my blog with a screenshot to that effect.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So how exactly do they get data that doesn’t exist?
Will,

A great question.

AI looks at an Iris, for example, and matches the pattern of green and gray for example to a library of say 10,000 irises photographed at high resolution. It takes the closest match and uses those pixels to replace the various low resolution colored areas with detail as sharp as needed for that shot’s aperture, focal length and shooting distance. Sand with lips, skin, moles, veins etc!

Asher