• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

CZJ Visionar f1.6 100mm + SpeedBooster

Dr Klaus Schmitt

That makes it a f1.15 72mm combo. Windy day, sun disappeared, tried it nevertheless fully open.
Have a look....

19456182334_cd166c518b_o.jpg

19457840183_e8592dec89_o.jpg

19890717208_77044ed517_o.jpg

19892130349_1067fb3800_o.jpg

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157656458555811

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Btw. this shows why I normally shoot at an angle when using the lens fully open to make best use of the razor thin DOF...

20070905772_f22c2c0025_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have a 60 mm Visionar on which I hope to mount to an adapter with an aperture and a helical focus.

Tested it and it gives beautiful pics just held in place with appropriate length tubes. Hoping to be able to use it on people! With flowers it has great potential. Hopefully something near your results!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Btw. this shows why I normally shoot at an angle when using the lens fully open to make best use of the razor thin DOF...

20070905772_f22c2c0025_o.jpg

This is a fascinating appearance, Klaus! The flower appears to flow on the surface of a "bokeh" surface by some surface tension effect!

Asher

Asher Kelman

That makes it a f1.15 72mm combo. Windy day, sun disappeared, tried it nevertheless fully open.
Have a look....

19892130349_1067fb3800_o.jpg

Klaus,

There's so much in each individual picture that it's worthwhile to slow down and then to re-experience each of these photographs on their own. This one in particular has a simple devise that makes it dynamic and that's the placement of the flower on the path that would take it between two spheres of aberrant brightness of the bokeh effect. Such a u inquest composition works for this particular picture in make the flowe appear to have some "vital force" driving itself upwards, like a rocket ship propelled by some ion discharge to close in on the spheres above!

This dynamic effect, either accidental or, likely as not planned, makes for a more vibrant presence of the flower in its 2D milieux!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher!

Yep, there is some prominent CA, but it is also backlit in green by that prominent grass BG. It was amatter of split seconds, as she saw a mouse and was all concentration and tension and flashed away in a quickness; a lucky shot.

That "floating flower" lookes already interesting when I saw it and decided to take it vertically from above 90 degrees to make it "float". The high speed of f1.15 indeed makes is look like on silk...

It was "designed bokeh" BG admittedly and I wanted that prominent Echinacea flower against that dark BG between those Blobs; I quite like it, worked out well ;-)