• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Green windows

I like your green windows, Wolfgang. The signal that spring is upon us here is the return of Canada Geese from their winter in the south. They arrived last weekend.

Cheers
Mike

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Wolfgang
You're pictures inspired me this morning as I was driving to my office, looking up…
I hope you won't mind me posting this image here (I removed it, would you wish so, my intent is not to highjack your thread but to contribute…
Still green, still Spring coming, still the same hope and joy ; )

IMG_0342_ciel.jpg

iPhone 7 shot​

nicolas claris

In France:
Le vert est la couleur de l'espérance.
(Green is the color of hope)
Is it the same in your country ?

nicolas claris

... mais biensur, c'est le catholizisme, n'est-ce-pas?
Bon weekend!

As an atheist, I'm not very well educated in religions…
However, as far as I know, green is the emblem of catholicism in Ireland (as opposed to orange for the protestants).
For sure green is the colour for islamism…

Still I'm curious to know from OPFers around the World what's the meaning of green colour in their country…

PS Week-end appears to be rainy : (

Jarmo Juntunen

As an atheist, I'm not very well educated in religions…
However, as far as I know, green is the emblem of catholicism in Ireland (as opposed to orange for the protestants).
For sure green is the colour for islamism…

Still I'm curious to know from OPFers around the World what's the meaning of green colour in their country…

PS Week-end appears to be rainy : (

I'm irreligious, too, so I share your indifference to the meanings believers attach to different colours. For me green is the colour of hope and growth. So in this respect I'm not different from the Christians of our country.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

Well of course in the US (and even more so in many other places) green is the symbol of movements or political parties centering around concern for the environment.

As to religious significance of color coding, in Germany, signs at the entrance of a town that indicate there are [Roman] Catholic church services have a gold (yellow) church icon, while signs indicating Evangelical (Protestant) church services have a purple church icon.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So, if one would want to illuminate a structure to indicate and honor the Martin Luther King day in the USA, what color could be the most appropriate. I thought purple because I have seen preachers with purple scarves, ...............but also with gold thrones!

As to "green", in the USA, it is used most as a mark of conscious protection of the environment......or St Patrick's Day where Blacks, Protestants, Secretaries and folk going to a bar for a whiskey or a beer or finding a date for a "hookup" all are Irish for the night, LOL!

Asher