• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New HP Monsters: 42" and 60"

answering to myself....

Unlikely, considering the size it is probably not needed, but if this shall be the successor of the well established and excellent HP 5500, this could be very interesting in deed.

David J. Eves

Well my first thoughts are

How many images of that size are YOU going to sell?
That size has always been my dream since the late sixties.
and now it is within reach, an 8 x 10 enlarger many years ago was the same price as a house.
Now, click, click, click and it is all done. Paper, canvas, what next ??

Yes these are very exciting, and I sure want a "six-pack"!
I have my "eyes" on an Epson but ? wait & see, but I don't see a large market
for prints that are that large, It all depends on the "Gallery" or shows that are held I guess.

Hi David,

I am not planing to purchase a 60" Version in the near future.

The market for fine art prints in Europe is much smaller than in the US afaik, having said that, I know a few people who will probably look into substituting their trusted HP5500. Hence the one or other 60" print I would do externally anyways.