• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bird

Chris Calohan

8505492970_27a016011b_c.jpg

Yellow Rumped Warbler: Chris Calohan​

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
8505492970_27a016011b_c.jpg

Yellow Rumped Warbler: Chris Calohan​

Chris.

I love this critter! Yellow makes the throat distinctive and the tailcoat smart! Such a simple accessory to wear! Where did this happen and are there more to come?

Asher

Chris Calohan

This happened in my backyard after some diligent waiting between rain squalls. These guys don't stop for more than three or four seconds, you you have to be at the constant ready. More..I hope so if this stinking rain will ever let up. 8 1/2 inches in 3 days.

Nice catch, Chris.

Yes, these guys are constantly on the move, so you did well to get him at all!

As far as critique that you asked for: the image is nice and sharp, with a great pose. I don't know how much of a crop this represents, but I might be interested in seeing more of the environment, with a less tight crop if available.

There is some noise that could probably be addressed in post-processing. I'm guessing the ISO needed to be on the high side, as this guy was likely not in much light, a fast shutter speed was needed, etc.

But regardless, any clean, crisp shot of a Warbler is something to be proud of!

Chris Calohan

Thanks, Don. I take this as a great compliment coming from you. This was dang near a 1:1 crop. I can re-address the original and decrease the amount of crop. my fear was this guy is so little, a little more space an be a lot more very quickly.

Good call though. I'll give it a shot. ISO was way up there (1600) just to get a decent shutter speed.