• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Marketing etiquette

Tracy Lebenzon

I'm new to the arena of getting works in galleries and public places. I recently started to solicit galleries for showing my work. I've gotten some hits and have some exhibition dates lined up.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to encourage prospective gallery owners to see my current exhibits. But I'm not certain that it really is a good idea. On the one had pointing someone towards a current exhibit is clearly a good way to let them see the works to help decide if they want to show them. On the other hand, the gallery owner may not like showing something that’s already at another gallery.

So the question - is it considered bad taste to solicit for exhibition opportunities while already showing in more than one gallery?

The prospective locations are in different districts from the locations where my work is being shown.

Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!