• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

At LAST: CMOS Pentax 645D and more!

Michael Nagel

Hi Jerome,

This is interesting news and somehow I suspected it to arrive.

Introducing new things silenty is somehow the Pentax way.
If anyone remembers/cares - the Pentax K20D had a burst capability of 21fps at 1.6mpix which could be used for (albeit non-standard) films, preceding the D90, which introduced filming officially into the DSLR world, by eight months. One could argue if this was really filming, but it worked ;)

Now you could be right that this could create a huge interest in this camera - if the feature set is OK for the movie people...

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm so impressed with the possibility of getting a 50MP CMOS sensor in MF. It was a miracle to me that in the past tumultuous years under Hoya, they still managed to advance their APS-C sized Pentax K cameras. Instead of going to full frame 35mm format, competing with everyone else, they have leveraged their DSLR experience to make a MF CCD camera that's very usable, as our own Nicolas Claris has shown again and again! Still there's no new leaf shutter lens for studio flash at higher speeds in the new CMOS Pentax, but putting that aside, it's still a major competitor for the high badge Phase One, Leaf and Hasselblad, using the same sensor.

Pentax has a long history of being at the front line and Ricoh has the cash to support them now.

I'm so happy whenever the kings and princes have to look over their backs!!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
has shown again and again!

_NCL4014.jpg

smc PENTAX-D FA645 55mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW
1/13 s; f/5,0; ISO 800

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Such a joy you gave the everyone there and to us too! It's a gift that keeps on giving!

Nicolas, thanks for sharing. now what have you discovered in the way of a lens with a shutter for studio or outside flash to overpower the sun!

Asher