• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tropical Bird Flower Children

Charlotte Thompson

These are transparency overlays of 2 girls which I had in mind to make tropical flower birds out of with overlay work
all comments are very welcome- thank you-

Pictures9.jpg

Pictures7.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are transparency overlays of 2 girls which I had in mind to make tropical flower birds out of with overlay work
all comments are very welcome- thank you-

Pictures9.jpg

This image gave me the feeling of the presence of a cat, because of the whiskers. I had no feeling of birds, tropical or otherwise. However, that's just my take. When combing pictures, one can first draw or just guess and select the interesting combinations. How did you approach this?

I could dismiss this as messy or could praise what I see as interesting. Generally I'd work harder to get cleaner combinations of images. However, it's a matter of taste and one's references in art and esthetics.

Here, while I like the exercise, I am underwhelmed by the result.

Keep at it but don't stop your latest clean and immediately agreeable portraiture.

Asher

Last edited:

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

each layer is approached with an idea in mind
I found so many shots to add to the original photo of the two girls
flowers, netting shots all in a combo that I think works with the idea of tropical in mind
they are hidden for sure
I have always loved "hidden pictures" to find"
still working on my portraits for sure! my first love
however for something different I overlay to get away from portraits from time to time
it refreshes my muse
thanks for coming by-much appreciate what you see!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Revisiting a past picture on a new day!

Pictures9.jpg

Charlotte Thompson Tropical Bird Flower Children

This time it's different. I still don't see birds but I do see exploration and that I like. It's interesting how what one gets out of a meeting, (as experiencing art is indeed a meeting of two worlds), after one has had time go by. Perhaps your picture incubated in my mind or maybe I'm in a different mindset today, but my reception has gone up a notch. I think it's the child looking out to our world that intrigues me.

There are adult mysterious sides too like the feeling of a widow's veil and the secrecy of the confessional and the potential trap of a spider's web for the two of them in our world.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I am so pleased you have found my hidden emotions" congratulations"
and am very pleased you are looking deeper into the layers
thank you for such a wonderful surprise ending

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

I am so pleased you have found my hidden emotions" congratulations"
and am very pleased you are looking deeper into the layers
thank you for such a wonderful surprise ending

Charlotte-
Charlotte,

It's important that we respect and recognize our limitations as observers experiencing something new and at first bizarre. After all we have our own standards and expectations for art. That's why I try to revisit and observe how I react a second time. Quite often, my first opinion is unchanged. After all there's a lot of pictures we've each seen that have helped form values for design and aesthetics.

Still, to be creative one must also be open to new experiences. So I had a new try.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Everything you say is very true-
aritists always want to be understood-sometimes you can and sometimes you cannot
I always think in metaphor- that is my brain
and always comes out in my work
your reply shows me that also you think in terms of metaphor
I always very much try to respect and understand what an artist says in his/her work
even if it is not to my taste however I do understand and watch for "something different"
personal taste of mine- I adore to be shown what I've never seen, more brilliance albeit
More! then that becomes an awakening of possibles-for me- which then becomes a challenge to do more
a mathematical mind works with me as well
you have always challenged me to be more
and
I have and I thank you*

Charlotte-