• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Strong eyes

What does he think ?...

b014c9aaa68d04060b8912df0b2cbe5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cedric,

Give us some context. Where s this, what sort of district in Paris? Who live there? What does that paint signify? Is it writing? A sign or a protest? The man on the right, is he in shadow or has a mask too?

I have come to expect some social value here but I need some help!

Asher

Hi,

It has been shot in La Defense business area, as most of the times ;)
People are going outside the underground station, they meet the sun after some trip under Paris. Paint is a graffiti which doesn't have any direct signification, more a kind of signature. Man on the right is in the shadow, just an anonymous walking...

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

It has been shot in La Defense business area, as most of the times ;)
People are going outside the underground station, they meet the sun after some trip under Paris. Paint is a graffiti which doesn't have any direct signification, more a kind of signature. Man on the right is in the shadow, just an anonymous walking...

Cedric.

Cedric,

The bold diagonal shadow going from lower left to upper right pushes our eyes to the right of the picture. Then we see the man, who is actually passing to the right but seems to have a pattern of shadow similar to that of the larger picture in which he's found. It's that which gives him the appearance of facing us and that he has some mask like the tortured man in "Phantom of the Opera". Everything in the picture, the bright white graffiti lettering, the mystery man and the lighting moves us away from the man with the strong eyes. So to make it work, these influences might need to be tamed and muted down, perhaps by blurring or even by cropping away.

I now have seen this picture on several monitors and the guy on the right has no mask, LOL! He was a little bit of distraction on my Mac 17" as it seemed that perhaps he was the mystery in your picture, ehen in fact he's incidental. The letters seem to be an Asian language such as Korean. I wonder? I have never seen anything but graffiti in European languages.

Asher