• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: What does this January 2012 picture of the "Blue Marble" tell us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here's the most recent picture of the earth from space Jan 2012. You can see the entire N. American continent. So what might this mean?

bluemarble_460.jpg

Hint: "What's missing?"

Asher

Asher Kelman

bluemarble_460.jpg

So, Jerome, Tracy, Mark, Fahim, Cem, Andy and everyone else who might be wondering why this picture is so important let me say this:

Looking again at the "Blue Marble" makes me feel fortunate to be alive at a time that such a wonderful image can be made of our precious and unique planet earth. It's also humbling!

Furthermore, it has an effect of warning us that there's just this one blue marble for us to play with and it's not replaceable if broken!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This thread is continued in full here with the hope that there will be a robust discussion of the value and implications of this photograph on us and our behavior.

Asher

Status
Not open for further replies.