• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2 versions

Antonio Correia

Been reading Landscape Photographers's Guide to Photoshop by Guy Tal

I do like this book ! Simple and complex ! Light and deep !

Non endinging results and variations... Variations "à la carte"...

i-tMPN88f-XL.jpg

i-Ccgmqft-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Been reading Landscape Photographers's Guide to Photoshop by Guy Tal

I do like this book ! Simple and complex ! Light and deep !

Non endinging results and variations... Variations "à la carte"...

i-tMPN88f-XL.jpg

Antonio,

If I only saw this, and purchased it for my home, I would be satisfied and enjoy the picture. I certainly wouldn't demand or even suggest changes! So, yes the following modified picture is a total surprise!

i-Ccgmqft-XL.jpg

I would never have thought of such a change myself, but I can appreciate the transformation in making the picture appear to be an autumn photograph, steeped in sienna hues. This manouver works, I think, in part ascit simulates monochrome and so removes the immediate distinction of the fresh vibrant green leaves which stand out so strongly in the original. Now, as in a B&W photograph, we can bathe in the magic of form and texture rather than The emotive pull of stark color differences, even present natural color! Paradoxically, this colored image seems to behave as a fine monochrome print!

I must look at the original work by Guy Tal that inspired you.

Thanks for bringing these fresh ways of imagining nature to us!

Asher