• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lunch With Pentax

From a post at another forum:

Just finished my lunch with Pentax...a couple of things. Let's start with ME 'cause that is the most important item here LOL... LOL ..might as well build on my already horrible reputation for having an over inflated ego and add fuel to the fire of those that said I'm a dick head..LOL.

I will shortly be up on the official Pentax France web site...

Now that I got that BS out of the way, let's get to the serious stuff. Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.

End of discussion..

WillGood

From a post at another forum:
.........................snip...................................
. Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.

End of discussion..

Hi there
Have you seen or shot the beta 645D?
Would be fantastic if it exists! Been years now ; (

BTW, some beautful images you posted

William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great!

This is what we need! Pentax is innovative and seem to be planning very well and are lucky to have you. I might sshare with you that Steve Eastowood was over at my house last week and he looked through your pictures and was so impressed. That made be happy that one great photographer celebratres someone elses work!

Now put in a good word for me so I canc review these cameras for OPF!

Also when you post, please linke the image

here in your posts, so we can have stunningly beautiful pages. Aslo pictures for our new front page cycling gallery which will also soon appear above the appropriate fora of interest according to keywords. I have been hoarding a new collection for the past 6 months. So apologies to those who have waited so long!

Congrats and thanks,

Asher

Last edited:

Kyle Nagel

I really wish I had kept all my lenses from my 645nII, real bummer, but I didn't think there would be a digital version of this camera when I sold them 3 years ago. :(

Kyle

"Salon de Photo" Paris Oct, 2007

Hi there
Have you seen or shot the beta 645D?
Would be fantastic if it exists! Been years now ; (

BTW, some beautful images you posted

William

At our luncheon meeting yesterday, we spoke about the logistics of the show in October and what I will be doing as well as how we would present the show. It will be very interactive and very hands on. My images will be plastered all over the Pentax stand, which will be quite embarrassing as it is just next to the Canon stand...That is going to be rather uncomfortable for me to say the least as I know all the guys from Canon...Yikes!

Perhaps, I will have some new toys to play with during the five days I am there from the 3rd to the 7th of October/07....If so, you'll probably already know which ones they will be...

PS..I should be up in a couple of weeks on the official "Pentax France" web site...

Like This?

Great!

This is what we need! Pentax is innovative and seem to be planning very well and are lucky to have you. I might sshare with you that Steve Eastowood was over at my house last week and he looked through your pictures and was so impressed. That made be happy that one great photographer celebratres someone elses work!

Now put in a good word for me so I canc review these cameras for OPF!

Also when you post, please linke the image

here in your posts, so we can have stunningly beautiful pages. Aslo pictures for our new front page cycling gallery which will also soon appear above the appropriate fora of interest according to keywords. I have been hoarding a new collection for the past 6 months. So apologies to those who have waited so long!

Congrats and thanks,

Asher

Does this work?
Ifashion

I can't find the [
] anywhere on my keyboard, I had to copy the signs from your enclosed text...

Kyle Nagel

I can't find the [
] anywhere on my keyboard, I had to copy the signs from your enclosed text...

They aren't just to the right of your "P" key?

Very odd keyboard, then again they may be a little different over there, eh?

Kyle

Kyle Nagel

I have seen a Azerty keyboard a couple of times and noticed about 7 or 8 of the letters had different placements than the Qwerty keyboards, but I assumed the other keys were pretty much the same. Out of curiosity, on the Azerty keyboard what are the keys to the right of the "P" key? I'm just curious if you have keys for things I don't in place of the brackets. For example I wish the Qwerty keyboards had the "degree" symbol since I have needed to use it at work on occasion.

Kyle

I have seen a Azerty keyboard a couple of times and noticed about 7 or 8 of the letters had different placements than the Qwerty keyboards, but I assumed the other keys were pretty much the same. Out of curiosity, on the Azerty keyboard what are the keys to the right of the "P" key? I'm just curious if you have keys for things I don't in place of the brackets. For example I wish the Qwerty keyboards had the "degree" symbol since I have needed to use it at work on occasion.

Kyle

You get this without caps key ^
With the caps key ¨

Ben

Asher Kelman

The current site you links needs insrtruction from someone else, LOL!

However, here's one way from your Pressbook site

However, one has to be sneaky!

1. Choose whatever large picture you choose to be showing large on the right.

2. Drag that to a new browser window. The new page will only have the picture and the rest of the page will be clean and blank white.

3. Highlight and copy paste that url in the top bar of your browser to the OPF post between and [IMG]

as here (disabled to not show the image, then correctly) below:

[B][IMG][/B][url]http://www.pressbook.com/images/288609_500x500.jpg[/url][B][/B]

288609_500x500.jpg

I would like to know how to do it from your other website too.

Your pictures are hot and wonderful!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Sean,

Look at his original picture link. How would one link the same picture from there as Benjamin tried, without doing what I did and getting from the other website by the drag into a clean browser to get the actual jpf url but not the website page with the details of the gallery too?

Could you do it?

Asher

Look at his original picture link. How would one link the same picture from there as Benjamin tried, without doing what I did and getting from the other website by the drag into a clean browser to get the actual jpg url but not the website page with the details of the gallery too?

Could you do it?

Taking one off Benjamin's first link I dragged it into an empty window exposing the URL. Then in both Firefox and IE I could simply drag the image into the edit box in a Firefox window (the IE editor is inferior*):

288609_500x500.jpg

No messing with URLs or image tags. Albeit, I did select the image and center it.

If you have not enable the WYSIWYG editor under User CP then I seriously suggest doing so.

*Using Firefox is worth trying for anyone. The editor for this site is superior to everything I have heard about both IE and Safari. Firefox is free if you do not know.

Larger Images

The current site you links needs insrtruction from someone else, LOL!

However, here's one way from your Pressbook site

However, one has to be sneaky!

1. Choose whatever large picture you choose to be showing large on the right.

2. Drag that to a new browser window. The new page will only have the picture and the rest of the page will be clean and blank white.

3. Highlight and copy paste that url in the top bar of your browser to the OPF post between and [IMG]

as here (disabled to not show the image, then correctly) below:

[B][IMG][/B][url]http://www.pressbook.com/images/288609_500x500.jpg[/url][B][/B]

288609_500x500.jpg

I would like to know how to do it from your other website too.

Your pictures are hot and wonderful!

Asher

If you go to this site click once and again a second time the image gets larger. Bigger than PressBook.com

http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek

Cheers
Ben