• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Reprint Mismatch horror

Rupert Barnes

I printed some images for a client and they all came out OK, my monitor and screen all have been calibrated. A few days later I needed to print some more of the same images, but this time they printed with a green cast. All the print settings have not been changed and it is the same paper. The only difference is that when I opened the images CS said that they had an untagged RGB profile. All my work flow is Adobe RGB (1998) and I am sure I saved the work with this embedded and for maximum compatibility. If I convert to to this profile then they still print wrong. There must be some fundimental setting issue because I struggle with this kind of thing all the time and wish we could go back to film. Is there a difference between adobe RGB and adobe RGB(1998) ? This thread is on a number of sites and know one seems to know the answer to my problem................

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
Hi Rupert,

No diff between the 2 Adobe profiles that you mention.

Regarding the untagged files and what to do with them.

First we will ignore how they got that way simply because I do not have the time right now. But the way to make them right (maybe), is to ASSIGN the proper profile to them, probably Adobe RGB in your case. With an an image in an unknown space the first thing to do is to "make it whole" by assigning the profile that it is most likely to be. The image WILL change color rendering, and it is up to you to determine it you got it right (guessing Adobe RGB for example), or whether you should try another. Once you are reasonable confident that the have the image looking "right", then you can convert to whatever other profile you might need or want to with essentially no color change.

Hope that get you going. See ya..

Michael Tapes
www.rawworkflow.com
WhiBal - LensAlign

Andrew Rodney

Double check all the print settings. They should be sticky, but sometimes they don't do this.

A dark and green print indicates you output the documents without applying the output profile.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I printed some images for a client and they all came out OK, my monitor and screen all have been calibrated. A few days later I needed to print some more of the same images, but this time they printed with a green cast. All the print settings have not been changed and it is the same paper. The only difference is that when I opened the images CS said that they had an untagged RGB profile. All my work flow is Adobe RGB (1998) and I am sure I saved the work with this embedded and for maximum compatibility. If I convert to to this profile then they still print wrong. There must be some fundimental setting issue because I struggle with this kind of thing all the time and wish we could go back to film. Is there a difference between adobe RGB and adobe RGB(1998) ? This thread is on a number of sites and know one seems to know the answer to my problem................
Rupert,

Are other pictures printing normally? Doubtless they are and all colors show up perfectly on a print test?

Rupert Barnes

I travelled to the company who create the printer profiles for me, who were very helpfull (permajet) and they looked at everything and created new profiles and checked my settings. It would appear the old profiles needed updating as the printer and ink aged.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Rupert
good to know that you found the solution!
Does the prints look now as good as you expected?