Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > The Gear > Gear Support: Bags/ Cases/ Tripods/Transport or anything else needed for a shoot!

Old October 20th, 2009, 10:04 PM

Default warmer bag

Winter are cold here and winter is coming soon.

My camera fails at extreme low temps , how can I warm up my camera bag interior ?

thanks
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:27 AM
pro member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Honsbeek View Post
Winter are cold here and winter is coming soon.

My camera fails at extreme low temps , how can I warm up my camera bag interior ?
Hi Ralph,

Maybe you could use a couple of those chemical handwarmers (you boil them in hot water to regenerate, and set them off by twisting a metal plate inside the package) in your bag. Just don't put them in direct contact with the camera body, because they can become quite hot. You could consider adding some radiator insulation foil inside the bag to better keep the raised temperature inside longer as long as the bag is not opened.

Cheers,
Bart