• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pictures from the Republic of Ireland

Antonio Correia

I am treating some of those I left behind.
Here are 4 of them.
I hope you like :)
120515350-M.jpg
120313041-M.jpg
120311777-M.jpg
120534291-M.jpg

Antonio Correia

Roger Lambert said:
I really like the composition and lush feel of number three. What lovely grounds! :)

Thank you Roger !
I feel good to shoot where I am for the first time.
In Setubal, where I have been all my life I don't feel excited to push the button...
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

I'm now viewing your Irish Landscapes on my 17" PowerBook Pro. The skies have clouds, whereas on my previous laptop and my 15" Apple Screen very little.

This approaches the Eizo and is perfect for bringing Ireland all the way to Houston!

Magnificence needs a great screen or the picture get cheated!

Thanks again for sharing.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher Kelman said:
Antonio,

I'm now viewing your Irish Landscapes on my 17" PowerBook Pro. The skies have clouds, whereas on my previous laptop and my 15" Apple Screen very little.

This approaches the Eizo and is perfect for bringing Ireland all the way to Houston!

Magnificence needs a great screen or the picture get cheated!

Thanks again for sharing.

Asher

Asher,
I think I know what you mean about the monitor ... :)

The wheather was cloudy but there are some clouds in the sky. It was raining for some periodes of time.

See you !
All the best !

Tom Henkel

Speaking of clouds....

...I think you could make them a little more dramatic. I also like #3, but would suggest cloning and/or cropping the stray tree branches on the right. Nice to see some green shots for a change. Things are very strange here in Boston. No snow, but still winter -- everything is pretty much a boring brown.

Tom

Antonio Correia

...I think you could make them a little more dramatic. I also like #3, but would suggest cloning and/or cropping the stray tree branches on the right. Nice to see some green shots for a change. Things are very strange here in Boston. No snow, but still winter -- everything is pretty much a boring brown.

Tom

Thank you.
I usually anwser all the posts. I took longer thi stime. Sorry :)
How about it now ?
I think it is more dramatic, intense ...
127573842-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

Thank you.
I usually anwser all the posts. I took longer thi stime. Sorry :)
How about it now ?
I think it is more dramatic, intense ...
127573842-M.jpg

Antonio,

You jest! I can't think of anything I'd want to alter. You posted the images, I enjoyed them and I do not think the extra leaves bother me much, although perhaps, if it were my image, I might indeed remove them but it is not necessary!

You have no right to put the leaning Tower of Pisa in Ireland. It creates confusion. People are going to be expecting Birra Moretti, Peroni Gran Riserva, Grapa and swarms of Vespas and Gelato icecream!

Besides, Antonio, I see you turned off the lights!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

You jest! I can't think of anything I'd want to alter. You posted the images, I enjoyed them and I do not think the extra leaves bother me much, although perhaps, if it were my image, I might indeed remove them but it is not necessary!

You have no right to put the leaning Tower of Pisa in Ireland. It creates confusion. People are going to be expecting Birra Moretti, Peroni Gran Riserva, Grapa and swarms of Vespas and Gelato icecream!

Besides, Antonio, I see you turned off the lights!

Asher

Yes Asher.
No one is perfect !!
But it looks more like the wheather at that moment ...
LOL...
:)

Wojtek Kutyla

Ireland is beautiful. I still remember some parts of it as the most stunning landscapes I've ever seen... Like this:

74096007_7e7e733e75.jpg

This is a golf field near the Greystones in county Meath (?). Believe me - there is (almost :) no manipulation there, it's how it looks when the sun shines through... It's amazing. (Ok - the sky is overburned but I had no filter back then and I was just shocked by the beauty of the landscape so I wouldn't remember about putting it on anyway :)

Or this:

75553168_26d28f22c7.jpg

This is Galway - and it's also a beautiful place...

Ireland is generally stunning when it is not raining. ;)

Asher Kelman

Ireland is beautiful. I still remember some parts of it as the most stunning landscapes I've ever seen... Like this:

74096007_7e7e733e75.jpg

This is a golf field near the Greystones in county Meath (?). Believe me - there is (almost :) no manipulation there, it's how it looks when the sun shines through... It's amazing. (Ok - the sky is overburned but I had no filter back then and I was just shocked by the beauty of the landscape so I wouldn't remember about putting it on anyway :)

I love the people being in the edge of the horizon. Very spacious image. The people are too distant to get personal with but we do at least recognize them. It shows respect.

Or this:

75553168_26d28f22c7.jpg

This is Galway - and it's also a beautiful place...

Again, wonderful. The birds recapitulate the lines of the houses in direction and hues but with different componant units, one rectangular the other curved.

Ireland is generally stunning when it is not raining. ;)

Well I would imagine that Ireland raining might be even more magical with the mist and then wind testing the trees and building!

Two comment on composition.

Was there more to the left of each picture that could be included? Or perhaps the lower picture could be cropped below the birds.

The first picture could also have had more grass showing. Then there are two balanced geometries: the sky and the land with the people toiling at the interface! That might be powerful!

Asher

Antonio Correia

When I travel I always have a problem:
To know where I shoot photo number x, y, etc.

I am too lazy to write down where I am at the time of shooting.

In March we are going to India as you already know. I will be carrying a GPS and, later at home, I will "melt" this data with the exif of the photos.
This will place a yellow ballon in the map of my site.

This can be an issue, but it is not complete: I will not be able to say exactly if it is in the Church 1 or 2 of the city X.

We can't have everything in life, but we can try.
It's like learning. There are much more to learn that we already know...

Any tips ? Please ? ...

Antonio Correia

I post 2 more "serious" photos of the Republic of Ireland.

"Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847) was a great Irish statesman, called the Liberator of Ireland. He led a movement that successfully forced the British to pass the Catholic Emancipation Act of 1829, allowing Roman Catholics to become members of the British House of Commons.

Until 1800, Ireland had its own separate Parliament which included many Catholic members. However, the British Act of Union abolished local political control by establishing the United Kingdom of England and Ireland. King George III permitted only Church of England Irish to participate in the British Parliament, which had a centuries-old history of discrimination against Catholics. ... "
quoted from - http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/oconnell.htm
120203607-M.jpg
72184213-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

What lens was used on the picture on the left and did you make any corrections?

Also anyone know how my carpet got there?

Asher

Antonio Correia

What lens was used on the picture on the left and did you make any corrections?

Also anyone know how my carpet got there?

Asher
The 1.st picture was shot with the 16-35 f/2.8 L USM on a 20D
I corrected the perspective a little.
I was against the wall, to be as to the back as possible.

I was told by the gard of the house that the carpet had been lent from someone but she didn't know who was it.
So, it was you Asher ! :)