• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sinarback 75...

I am negotiating the purchase of a Sinarback 75 to fit on my Contax 645 along with the Imacon 528c.... (1st. version, no LV), how does it stands today? Any (reliable) info will be highly appreciated.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am negotiating the purchase of a Sinarback 75 to fit on my Contax 645 along with the Imacon 528c.... (1st. version, no LV), how does it stands today? Any (reliable) info will be highly appreciated.

Nicolas Claris used a Sinar back for over a year, but I'm not surde of the size. what do they go for?

Asher

Jerome Marot

It seems that there have been 2 versions of this back in 2006 and 2008. The latest version should have improved electronics (less noise) and screen. (Edit: check for serial numbers e75-07-1122 through 07-1216 and e75-07-1226 or higher).

More reliable info will be difficult to find in any forum. There aren't that many users of these backs.

It seems that there have been 2 versions of this back in 2006 and 2008. The latest version should have improved electronics (less noise) and screen. (Edit: check for serial numbers e75-07-1122 through 07-1216 and e75-07-1226 or higher).

More reliable info will be difficult to find in any forum. There aren't that many users of these backs.
I know, I believe that there is no change in performance between the two versions, the second version has a larger screen and LV, I believe that there was only a firmware update on the second version which caused a stop's "jump" in the sensitivity... the update could be done in the older backs too... I'll PM Nicolas Claris (is he Greek too?) like Asher suggested and find out, thanks for the Quote Jerome.

Jerome Marot

I know, I believe that there is no change in performance between the two versions, the second version has a larger screen and LV

Apparently, Sinar still produced backs without LV with the second batch of electronics and screen. I would try to negotiate a better price for the first version, if only because the screen is not as good.

Apparently, Sinar still produced backs without LV with the second batch of electronics and screen. I would try to negotiate a better price for the first version, if only because the screen is not as good.
I don't care about the screen Jerome... I used to own the Emotion22 (same frame and screen with the 75) and the screen was awful, I have the Imacon 528c for crucial still life work in the studio which I use tethered, it's the 200-400Iso performance that I care and its color fidelity which I suspect is top quality (I PMed Nicolas and waiting for his reply to verify this) even among today's top single shot backs! Both my D800 & D800E suck for color fidelity and color balance (but so are all DSLRs ...no?)!