• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: "The Media of Photography": A Scholarly Look at Aesthetics! Bargain Special Edition!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"The Media of Photography": A Scholarly Look at Aesthetics! Bargain Special Edition!

The current edition of The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism is out and is devoted to

"The Media of Photography"

current issue: vol. 70 no. 1 (winter 2012)

Special issue: t=The m=Media of p=Photography
Diarmuid Costello and Dominic McIver Lopes, Guest Editors
articles
Introduction: diarmuid costello and dominic mciver lopes

Transparent Representation: Photography and the Art of Casting: peter alward

Fiction, Nonfiction, and Deceptive Photographic Representation: paloma atencia-linares
Photographic Art: An Ontology Fit to Print: christy mag uidhir

Digital Pictures, Sampling, and Vagueness: The Ontology of Digital Pictures : john zeimbekis43

Facing the Camera: Self-portraits of Photographers as Artists: dawn m. wilson55

Photography as Performative Process: richard shusterman

Artwork and Document in the Photography of Louise Lawler: sherri irvin

The Macro and the Micro: Andreas Gursky’s Aesthetics: bence nanay

The Question Concerning Photography: diarmuid costello

A Musical Photograph?: richard beaudoin and andrew kania

Drawings of Photographs in Comics: roy t. cook

Photography and Knowledge: scott walden139

Depiction, Detection, and the Epistemic Value of Photography: laura perini

I think this will become an important reference and it should make an excellent resource.

Membership is just $70 per year USA, $83 international and $35-40 student membership.

I'll try to find the cost of just one copy of this important edition. Meanwhile, I'll read it myself! :)

Asher