Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography

Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography Photography as a visual artform open to any serious picture, where classical photography is the mode of our expression. Open to all! Not curated. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM

Default Eruption in Iceland

This is the magnificent mountain Lómagnúpur in southeast Iceland. See my photo essay Eruption in Iceland for context.

Old May 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajan Parrikar View Post
This is the magnificent mountain Lómagnúpur in southeast Iceland. See my photo essay Eruption in Iceland for context.

Rajan,

These natural mega events are meant to humble us that we're not the master of the planet, after all!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
This is the magnificent mountain Lómagnúpur in southeast Iceland.
Actually, it is the road to Lómagnúpur, isn't it?

Great capture, and the symmetrical road is a great idea. I also like the B&W conversion.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM

Like, I'll never forget driving down that road along the south of the country, one of the longest and straightest roads in the world with a 50mph speed limit. One of my main memories of Iceland is a scene not at all dissimilar to the above!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
Like, I'll never forget driving down that road along the south of the country, one of the longest and straightest roads in the world with a 50mph speed limit. One of my main memories of Iceland is a scene not at all dissimilar to the above!
Ben,

I know the feeling well. Some of that frisson can also be had on drives through Death Valley and other areas of the Mojave desert.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:56 PM

Animation of the volcano's first moments -

http://www.pressan.is/Frettir/LesaFr...-allt---myndir
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Animation of the volcano's first moments -

http://www.pressan.is/Frettir/LesaFr...-allt---myndir

Pretty much like a nuclear weapon going off! I wonder how it compares in release of energy?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM

A joy to view.