• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
A candid shot made in the late evening at Mehrangarh fort in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India). For a larger full-screen version, go here.

jodhpur-woman.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A candid shot made in the late evening at Mehrangarh fort in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India). For a larger full-screen version, go here.

jodhpur-woman.jpg

Rajan,

Totally hilarious that you say there are larger pictures on your own website! This is already not at all small. What your link does provide is a feast of fabulous images of Goa, lit in light you must have gathered from Tuscany sunsets!

More! :)

Asher

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Georgous! Is the saturation on the dress not a drop high perhaps? Otherwise the picture is very powerful, composition and detail perfect, like it a lot!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Georgous! Is the saturation on the dress not a drop high perhaps? Otherwise the picture is very powerful, composition and detail perfect, like it a lot!

Hello Ben,

The saturation does not appear high on my monitor. Furthermore, while I enhance images in other ways, I almost never touch the Saturation slider (set at 0) in either ACR or Photoshop. (The reds may sometimes get blown out in sRGB space but are within gamut in ProPhoto.)

I am glad you liked the composition. I had posted this image to another forum and the reaction from many there was predictable: the woman is too centred, they said. I, of course, deliberately planted the woman there (to the extent I could - it was a quick candid shot). Too many people on photo forums these days have pre-conditioned, canned responses which they believe to be intelligent critiques when they are not :)

Cem_Usakligil

Speaking of saturation, this is what I read on your website Rajan:

..Currently the photographs here are not rendered with their colour profiles and in some browsers the reds may appear over-saturated. This will be corrected in a site update in the coming months. ...
Yes indeed the colors are very over-saturated on my wide gamut monitor. But this is caused because of the Adobe Flash used in your website, which does not respect monitor profiles. The only possible "correction" to this will be to stop using Flash. The pictures should be served as jpg files, embedded with sRGB profiles and tagged as such. That will enable the color managed browsers (i.e. Firefox and to a very limited extent Chrome) to show the pictures correctly.

Cheers,

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Speaking of saturation, this is what I read on your website Rajan:

Yes indeed the colors are very over-saturated on my wide gamut monitor. But this is caused because of the Adobe Flash used in your website, which does not respect monitor profiles. The only possible "correction" to this will be to stop using Flash. The pictures should be served as jpg files, embedded with sRGB profiles and tagged as such. That will enable the color managed browsers (i.e. Firefox and to a very limited extent Chrome) to show the pictures correctly.

Cheers,

Hello Cem,

It is true that the colour profile issue affects my main website, but it does not affect images on my blog (which is based on a Wordpress platform).

I have requested my main website designer (http://aphotofolio.com) to look into the issue. Hopefully they will move away from Flash.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rajan,

I love the saturation of your image just as it appears here. It really is the light that I envy.

BTW, why did you pass on http://live.bigfolio.com/ owned by one of the partners of the website you use at 1/3 to 1/2 the $1,000 setup for your website. Also they allow slide shows for individual galleries. How can one not have slide shows? ... and music if you so choose?

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Rajan,

I love the saturation of your image just as it appears here. It really is the light that I envy.

BTW, why did you pass on http://live.bigfolio.com/ owned by one of the partners of the website you use at 1/3 to 1/2 the $1,000 setup for your website. Also they allow slide shows for individual galleries. How can one not have slide shows? ... and music if you so choose?

Asher

Asher,

I don't remember if I looked up BigFolio. Most likely I didn't. I checked it out now and the two products appear similar in many ways. I wanted a highly customizable platform with the ability to host large image sizes that could be dynamically re-sized. At the time I thought APhotoFolio offered all these options. Thus far their customer service has been excellent and they seem to be staying on top of the technology curve.

My current set-up does not allow for slideshows within individual galleries. Here it is advantage BigFolio. But I can insert music, video etc. I just found out that the colour profile problem will be fixed later this summer.